+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Coronado Island Yellows 5-27-05

Default Coronado Island Yellows 5-27-05

Russ Hughes, Pat Noll, and I hit the north tip of South Coronado Island for 4 nice yellows 16#-21# on slow trolled sardines from 8-930AM; when the sporties left the dogs chased us down and pretty much ended it. We went in tight to the island to drift for butts but not even a raked bait. 1230PM we moved on to middle grounds and caught one more yellow @ 1PM; they preferred sardines over the perfect sized macks we got with the bait. I got to take a nice nap over flat seas while Russ piloted the DOGHOUSE home; almost had a hat trick with DFG, Customs, and the Coasties however the Coasties had to drop someone off at the Harbor Police Dock. Russ has the pics.

How did the visit go with customs? Did you tell them you were at the islands?

I'll put you down for 42 points for the Yellow.

Mike

2007 Leader Board
    Last edited by NoSlack; 01-29-2019 at 06:36 PM.
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Default The DFG made us do it!

We were checked by the DFG in an inflatable at the 5 mph buoys in the channel; I told them we caught the fish at the islands. He asked for the Declaration form and told us to be sure to check in and give a copy to Customs. It wasn't too bad, a 45 minute wait. I have all the paperwork on board pre-filled out and the number to call so we were ready. There was a 38' Egg Harbor waiting also.The woman Customs officer asked us for our passports so I had to explain to her that doesn't go into effect until Jan 2008. Our CDLs were OK.

Was your customs check done at the Dana ramp dock. If so that must of been a real treat for the trailer boat crowdwaiting for a spot to tie up while you and the Egg Harbor were there waiting.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Yes at Dana and to top it off some retard in a Bayliner overhauled his starter there the entire time we were there. The only space open were the sides and backside towards the rocks. I called in when we were at the bridge and we waited off the dock for a half hour before tying up on the end.

Quote Originally Posted by DOGHOUSE26 View Post
    Yes at Dana and to top it off some retard in a Bayliner overhauled his starter there the entire time we were there.
    That's dumb but not as dumb as the guy who was showing off the 14" black sea bass to the DFG guy in O'side.

Guy: "You mean those are illegal? You gotta be kidding me!"
    DFG: "Yup, 'fraid so."
    Guy: "So, what's the fine? Can I pay it right now?"
    DFG: "That's up to the court to decide."
    Guy: (silent)

Holiday weekends must be cash cows for the DFG, Customs, and Coast Guard.

Default Photos

Jeff I up loaded your photos to your account

Thanks again for the great day

Russ

PS let me know if you need some line for that reel

I heard its a 2,500 fine for taking a Black sea bass
    Last edited by Time Out; 05-29-2007 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iclypso View Post
    That's dumb but not as dumb as the guy who was showing off the 14" black sea bass to the DFG guy in O'side.

Guy: "You mean those are illegal? You gotta be kidding me!"
    DFG: "Yup, 'fraid so."
    Guy: "So, what's the fine? Can I pay it right now?"
    DFG: "That's up to the court to decide."
    Guy: (silent)

Holiday weekends must be cash cows for the DFG, Customs, and Coast Guard.
    Classic ! Have a nice day!

Thanks Russ! Checked out the GPS yesterday and it's still down. I'll check with Garmin Customer Service today and I'll probably have to send it in.

Put your hook boxes back in your boat. Ask Mark if he had trouble Sunday with a guy in a Grady White, I heard a story this morning, something about flinging iron!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information