+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 5/30 christen my sack

Default 5/30 christen my sack

After missing out on all the weekend fun I took the day off form work and hit the water. Picked up a 1/2 scoop in Mission bay and made 20 macs out front before heading to La Jolla.

I started out at gray light trolling macs on the inside of the kelp. The water was very clean with a heavy down hill current. The only thing that wanted to bite were the log barracuda and it didn't take long to get my fill of that.

Plan B was to take one more look outside for the TSharks. Conditions outside didn't look any different than they had the last four times I was up there. No bait and very little bird activity. I only gave it a half hearted effort and bailed just before the tide went slack.

Plan C was halibut off my favorite north county beach. First drift I get hit hard but it came unbuttoned half way to the boat. The second fish was just as aggressive but I wasn't sure I was bit.

Talk about biting off more than you can chew.

The second drift yielded a nice #10 and another lost fish before color. By 10am the tide had gone slack and the bite was over.

At least I got to christen my new kill bag.

Mike
    Last edited by NoSlack; 01-21-2019 at 07:05 PM.
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

When I read the title of this thread, I was expecting you to dub yourself Sir Sack!

There are no teeth marks on the sardine. I think your little buddy had other ideas for his victim; that foreplay will get you every time!

Teeth marks? The litle tike still had milk on his chin.

MIke

Maybe that was milk of a different variety, alot of weird stuff goes on off those beaches you like to frequent

That fry is officially smaller then that one I caught in SD bay a couple years ago on my boat with you. You remember, you had to post the pic.. lol
    Glenn (Wizard)
    "The Reel One"
    26' Billfisher

Ya Glenn, you're officialy off the hook as the halibut molester. Looks like I'll be holding that tittle for a while.

Mike

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information