+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cat wsb 6-12

Default cat wsb 6-12

Ran over to the island after Joe-honey girl had a couple of great trips. Left MB at AM Monday, had a nice smooth ride over...Sure wish i had that new motor.. Wanted to give the flatties a shot for a couple of hours before setting up for the wsb. My guests rod went bendo and he pulled in a nice #17 his personal best, he was ear to ear grin! couple of hours for nada, then it was my turn..#25 class. Joe and i talked the night before and he gave me a spot to fish that had produced for him. We metered around the area to find the best concentration of squid and set the hook. Just as the sun was setting one of the rods start to buzzzzzzz I set the hook and swing and a miss @%%#@%! Look over at my other rod and it bends in half, This one sticks....its off to the races... After a great fight we stuck the gaff....wow they pull hard!

Made some squid that night, but the seals were a big problem, but we had enough to fish with. around 4:30 they go on the chew..we lost the first one due to a wrapped line, then we get a double, both boated, i get back in the water and get lit off again. after about 5 min hook spits....that fishing!

Stuck it out for a couple more hours for nada. It was a great trip for me and it completely erased all the trips made trying to catch those guys.

Thanks again Joe....your info on that island is the only reason I caught fish....thanks brother..........zack

3 wsb 30-35# 2 flatties #25 and #17

Last edited by NoSlack; 01-29-2019 at 06:35 PM.

Nice Job Joe.

Man I'm jealous. Sounds like a fun night. Question: Are you getting the squid on squid jigs or netting them?

Scott
    Tenacious

hey scott....all with nets, its a pretty good expense at first but they pay for themselves at $60 a scoop at the island. heard you and mike had a good day at the Coronado's. zack

Way to go Zack. Looks like I made the wrong call going to work this week.

I'm headed back down to south island friday to look for my first #40 of the year.

Mike

2007 Leader Board
    Last edited by NoSlack; 01-29-2019 at 06:35 PM.
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Anytime Zack, Im gald you guys scored, The bite has realy slowed this week so your timming was just right. We will be out again tonight. I hope we have the same luck you did. Joe

Nice job Zack... that explains why the motor is still sitting here, the fish are biting.. lol
    Glenn (Wizard)
    "The Reel One"
    26' Billfisher

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information