+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Slow Fishin

Default Slow Fishin

Went out fishing with a bud of mine today even though it looked like it was going to be slow. It was.

Picked up one fat albacore on the 302 and that was it for the day. We estimated it to be an honest 30 lbs and the loins were huge. The fish hit a CD-9 silver and black rapala. We trolled everything and worked it pretty hard.

We found fewer terns, no whales and a lot less on the meter. Everybody on the radio was talking about the warm water or dorado and yellowtail that didn't want to bite.

We did see either two groups or the same one of Risso's dolphin on the way in and out and a couple of pods of smaller dolphins.

Slow fishin but the am weather was really nice. pm weather on the way in was sloppy and rolly, reminded me of coming back from the trench or something even though we were traveling down swell.

Sure would like to catch a strong albacore bite but I think it may be done. Oh well - beat working!
    Brian on Old Blue, out

Thanks for the report Brian.

If we get a few days of wind to turn the warm surface water under and the full moon passes, we'll be back in business.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Brian you were 1 fish better than us! We went as far as the middle of the Butterfly 32:15 118:08 67.4 degrees and dead. Found a few paddys past the 230 with rat YT that only wanted 2" chovy with no hooks. 5AM to 6PM trip 165 nm covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Blue View Post
    Sure would like to catch a strong albacore bite but I think it may be done.

Don't tell me that! I'm finally getting my boat put back together this weekend!

Good to see a report from you Brian. Even if it wasn't a huge bloodfest. At least you got 1 fattie.
    Tenacious

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information