View Poll Results: Add a tackle center under the ladder?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good idea, I like it

7 77.78%
  • Not really necessary, what we have is fine

2 22.22%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tackle center under ladder on the Billfisher

Default raising seat

I raised my seat five inches. Really gives a much better view for paddie searching. Took bench pad into upholstery shop and he changed the padding to a real thick and firm pad. No more sitting on knees looking out. I'm 6' also and still had to do that. Not anymore.

Now that I see it (Glenn's boat) I like it. Beats having to step down inside the cabin in the middle of a hot bite tracking blood and guts into that area just for a hook or leader.
    Tenacious

nelle Guest

Hey charlie,I havebeen thinking about the samething for my boat .I own a cabinet shop in Lakeside and could fabracate these tackle boxes,I would like some input on design and it would be nice if I could build 3-4 units to help keep the cost down,if we could get 3 or 4 people interested to help pay for material I would be willing to donate my time & shop

Curt Shaw
    cell 619 981 9246

Curt,
    Having a 23' Billfisher, I'm always trying to find better ways to utilize the space that I have. I'm not sure if the area under the ladder is the same as the 26' but I'm definitely interested in adding something like this to the boat.

Dan

Default Tackle boxes

I am interested in putting a tackle box on the starboard side behind the shower/head. Plenty of room and a good place to cut bait. I have a tall cooler strapped there now where we cut bait and store drinks plus another seat. 8 to 12" deep by 3' to 4' would be cool and useful. I have my life ring on the bulkhead behind the ladder. Just a thought. Tried to get Steve to do it but he balked at it.

You can put me down if we can design it to be lockable and water resistant (hate to get the gear wet when we wash down the boat!). I know it won't be water proof but will need to be a tight fit to keep indirect water out. Hey Glenn, has that ever been a problem on yours? Let me know what you think the cost might be.
    Charlie
    NOMAD

Water doesn't get to that area very much. Maybe during wash down, and I just don't spray it hard. It's really a good place for weights, outrigger tackle, drain plugs, rubber bands, etc. Not a good place for hooks and lures, it's outside, even more moisture because it's outside would just rust everything.

Make it entirely out of wood, don't use drawer rail hardware, that would just rust too. I took all the drawers out, West System epoxied the wood on all sides, and epoxy painted them when I redid the wood on the front. The rest is made out of same laminated material as the inside cabinets.

Maybe you could lock it with some kind of bar that slides down in front of all the drawers type idea.
    Glenn (Wizard)
    "The Reel One"
    26' Billfisher

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information