+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 8/26 C&R Mako

Default 8/26 C&R Mako

Pops, Jess and I went on a whitewater, lightning dodging trip out of O'side on Sunday. I'll spare the details in this forum and just say it was wet, snotty, and a long day. Seemed more like January than August out there. We released one mako (+/- 100 lbs) and spotted another fin that we think was a swordie (either that or a monster marlin). Added a few pics of the mako just because; he tailwrapped himself pretty bad doing deathrolls at the end of the fight so we had to perform some Shark Whisperer stuff to get him freed. Hope everyone out there this weekend had a safe trip(s).

Trying to unwrap 'im.

Finally getting the hook out.

I'll take any points I can get at this stage of the game. The fuel tank didn't leak into the bilge, the boat started, the outdrive went down, the injector pump injected so even if the the bait tank and tach went down and I couldn't get the outdrive down to flush the engine, it was a good day

You're on the board with your first 50.
    Nice size mako.

2007 Leader Board
    Last edited by NoSlack; 01-29-2019 at 06:08 PM.
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Nice size Mako. That's one of the largest I think that we've had as an entry in a while. Kudos on the extra effort releasing it.
    Tenacious

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information