+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LED Lights

That's a good idea on the low draw bait pump. I'm running a SHURflo 1100 that draws 3.75 amp now and could back that up with thier 500 that draws 1.5 amp.

That would get my night time amp draw down around 2 or 2 1/2 amps.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Default more lights done

This shot was take with the flash off and show what a half an amp worth of light can looks like.

Side veiw of the stern light, To bright to photograph straight on.

360 degree anchor light
    Last edited by NoSlack; 01-13-2019 at 09:34 AM.

Default How's the brightness?

It's kind of hard to tell from the pics. It almost looks like they are quite a bit brighter than the original bulbs.
    Brian on Old Blue, out

I was worried about getting 2 mile visability on my nav light when I started making the bulb. All the nav light turned out twice as bright as the original bulbs and the cabin lights are as good as day light.

Mike

How's a super bright green squid light that only draws an amp of power sound?

Make it and I will test it up here. The Squid is going well up here and Sticks around most of the year. I have battery issues myself and a low amp squid light would help. Joe

The squid light idea would be a big hit. I have ben looking for something along those lines.
    Also would like to buy or make an LED spreader light.
    Last edited by Freespool; 09-12-2007 at 11:02 PM.

Are you guys thinking about a light stick, like a fluorescent light that would sink, or a spot/beam that will float on the water? Let me know and I'll order up some super bright green LEDs and get started on a prototype.

Mike
    Last edited by NoSlack; 09-13-2007 at 05:07 PM.

I was thinking of the floating type. I have never used the tube type but that might be better because if its not working down deep it could be tied off to be on the surface. Ether way would work for me. I am always open to different methods.

I was thinking about making a tube about a foot long and 1 inch in diameter with 30 LEDs in it. Pot the whole thing with epoxy to make it water proof and see how that is for starters.

Speader lights: What type of buld do you use in your lights? There are some bulbs available at http://www.superbrightleds.com/led_prods.htm that might suit your needs.

I had a few LEDs left over and a pair of spreader lights in the garage, so I did a little soldering tonight. I only use 12 LEDs per light and here is what one looks like. Draws just over 1/10th of an amp.

One light on in my three car garage.
    Last edited by NoSlack; 01-13-2019 at 10:26 AM.

I think that would be perfect for the tube. As for the spreader lights I have not looked at what type of bulb it is yet, but I did look at a bunch of web sites and found a whole bunch of different bulbs. I will half to look and see what type of bulb is inside.

The 12 bulb light looks pretty darn good. I think that is a lot more light then my spreader light puts out and at 1/10 of an amp that is just awesome.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information