+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Out with a bang

Default Out with a bang

Headed to Catalina Friday with two good fishing friends, Curtis and Dave. The plan was to scout out some new areas we hadn't hooped yet. We left early and spent most the afternoon checking structures and any safety issues ( kelp, boiler rocks etc...) that may come up hooping these areas in the middle of the night in the pitch black. Our homework paid off and we came up with limits for 3 of us by gray light. The next issue was to gain some points for the highliner tournament. Guys are out to a good start this year so I figured I needed to put up some good points and a nice big lingcod would do the trick. Curtis had a nice spot for us that got just what we wanted plus a nice bonus.
    Dave nice 12lb ling
    [IMG][/IMG]
    my 10lb ling
    [IMG][/IMG]
    daves 9lb cabby
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Curtis and Dave with all the bugs
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Honeygirl; 11-11-2007 at 10:50 AM.

Nice Lings Joe. Haven't seen one that size down here since the jumbo squid invaded a couple years ago.

I'm not sure how to score the Cabby. In the past the rockcod slot was for fish in the Sebastes family and that left a few nice fish like Sheephead and your Cabby and without a slot in the tourny.

Maybe Sunday we can lube up the rules committee with a cold beer or two and make some changes for this year. We could open up the rockcod slot to all bottom dwellers or drop the 25 pound minimum for the wild card slot and stick them in there.

I'll ring you up for the ling today and we'll talk about what slot the Cabby goes on Sunday.

Mike

2008 Leader Board
    Last edited by NoSlack; 01-29-2019 at 04:08 PM.
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Thanks mike, I posted the cabby because it was under the rock fishs section on the DFG rules and regs. Maybe after a few beers and some fresh lobster Ill have them on my side. Joe

I've always found the group to be pretty agreeable after they were stuffed with a few bug and beers. After a good meal like that it should be a pretty easy sell to include Cabazon and Sheephead in the rockcod slot.

Mike
    Last edited by NoSlack; 11-11-2007 at 07:01 PM.
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

How about an ugly but tasty catagory? Bug and a beer and you can add or delete any rules you want to.
    Yale
    "Riley"
    32' Blackman Sportfisher

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information