+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mexican boat permits

NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Default Boat permits

Went down to Conapesca yesterday to see if I could get a partial refund on my boat permit I bought in November. They said no provision was made on that. They were caught off guard and only had less than two weeks notice it was coming. The reason it happened is to promote tourism. Especially after the bad media on the robberies and killings along Baja. He said to keep your current paper work as it will take a month or two to get the word down the chain of command in the outlying areas. Another thing they are going to do is work something out on the paper work involved in heading south to Mex ports. Sometimes it takes all day to get the proper stamps to clear you into and out of Mexican ports. I talked to one of the customs guys and he said they don't care about fisherman. They are looking for drugs and illegals that they get tips on coming up from the south.

hey guys, I have reading along with this thread....very interesting! have owned my boat now for 6 years and is documented. i have always bought my boat permit from the tackle store, without any problems! I have purchased them from three different stores. If I had been boarded, am I reading that I would not have been legal? If so..... that would of been very bad!

OK.... so am i getting that we don't even need a boat permit this year? I still have a couple of months left on existing, but will be nice to know prior to the night before, which always seems to come into play.
    I have dealt with Donna J with the original documentation and was very helpful. if you guys were unable to contact her for some of those answers let me know and i will give her a ring.
    Thanks for a the info... Learn something everyday.....ZACK

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information