+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Volvo D-4/Billfisher

Default Volvo D-4/Billfisher

Looking at a 05 Billfisher w/ D-4 Volvo. What have you guys heard about this motor? Looking for any input. Just sold my Billfisher and I am already having withdrawls.

Mike

Great motor, I have a few friends with the D-6 the D-4 is the same with two less cylinders. It's clean, easy to work on. changing the oil is simple and easy. they are quiet and the new outdrive is bullet proof. You can up grade the horsepower with a chip from Volvo. The D-4 should push the billfisher 22-26knots easy with power left over. Joe

Default D-4 Billfisher

Thanks Joe:

Still debating on pulling the trigger. At 125K I would be in for the long haul. I wonder what the new price would be for the same boat. There is also a 29' for sale but it has Yanmars. I would hate to let my slip go in MDR, it's leased and the price has not been raised in some time.

Thanks
    Mike

I'm not sure What 29 it is. I did see that the boat Yale bought is still listed on some sites. Where do you live? Just An FYI half of my outerbanks is for sale to the right person (Not my half) Hoping to get in with another fireman) My partner never uses the boat and wants out. 125 my be a little high for an 05 I think the last pacific coast sport fishing mag had them listed a 119 without electronics but I could be wrong. In the mean time if you want to fish the island let me know. Thanks Joe

Default Billfisher w/ D-4

Hey Joe:

I am in Mar Vista (just east of Venice). I am in a 40 hour position right now, Fire/Arson Investigator/ Film Industry Liaison at Culver City Fire. Taking the Captains exam in June. I have been on for 27 years now, but not yet 50 so retirement is still a fews years away. Maybe you can show me some seabass spots at Catalina. A local ER doc here has a mooring at Avalon that I can use anytime. I talked to RD Snyder this morning, the 29' is in King Harbor Redondo Beach. I am going to take a look at it this weekend.

Mike

Talk to Chris he owned that 29 for a bit. He has the 411.

Josh

Josh:

Who is Chris??? Giapappas??

Thanks
    Mike

$125 for a 2005 is at the high end of the range but not unreasonable. Hard to say what the economy has done to Blackman resale values but I would expect not affected them much.
    Charlie
    NOMAD

My buddy who works for Beverly Hills. Pm me I will get you his number.

Josh

Josh, Is that the 29 that Yale bought? Maybe he bought the reilly? Anyway the 29 is a nice boat.
    Mike, just send me a pm when you want to fish. I like to fish Thurs-Fri or Fri-sat I'm just finishing my officer classes been on 14 years thinking about taking the test next year. don't know my crew is to good and as a medic/fireman you cant beat the pay.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information