+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: prop issues

The cone and bolt are two pieces. They act like one, but there are threads inside the cone that the bolt is threaded through, then the smooth shoulder of the bolt just allows the bolt to rattle around in the cone.

I might have a set of A4s as well. I am picking up a replacement set of A5s for my boat soon. Last set I literally wore out.

Careful of cones and parts on ebay. Most are the older style that requires a lock washer. Newer style setups use a nylon lock nut behind the outer prop. If cone has just a hole for prop tool, it's the older style. If a slot, it's the newer style. Later prop tool comes with wrench/long rod for cone/bolt, and nylon lock nut tightening tool that slides over long rod.
    Glenn (Wizard)
    "The Reel One"
    26' Billfisher

Wizard let me know about your A4's, also is the nylon lock nut your reffering to is that the same as the pressure washer?

Actually, in thinking back, it depends on what model outdrive you have. One prop cone/bolt is 16mm, the other is 20mm. The 16mm setup appears to use a pressure washer. I think earlier models (DP-C and earlier) use the 16mm. I changed out my outdrive to a DP-D, which uses the 20mm bolt/cone and a nylock nut.
    Glenn (Wizard)
    "The Reel One"
    26' Billfisher

Well I believe I have a DP-D the I.D. tag is not there anymore, but it appears to look the most like the D series, so there are no pressure washers, just a bolt, cone, spacer, and plastic washer, thanks for your help everyone, if any of you have spare props or cones, let me know I'm interested. Erik

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information