+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Furuno 585 FF

The 585 with some transducers requier the mb 1100 matching box. Is this not true. I realize what your saying about the wattage. Furuno sheet says that the matching box is needed. What is the story.

I believe if you buy the Furuno 526 TID-HDD (Airmar B260) it has a built in diplexer so you don't need the matching box. Mine works great!

Copy, Thats the same one I have ordered. Im glad i did not have to spend the extra $200.00

Jeff - Where did you mount the transducer? I heard that the fairing block is pretty big and you did it when you R&R'd the fuel tank, can it be mounted without removing the tank?
    Charlie
    NOMAD

I couldn't go with the high speed block when I replaced the xducer last fall. The thing is real long and needs a bolt in the front end to keep it from rotating. The bolt is about a foot forward of the xducer hole and would have been under my tank.

Mike
    Last edited by NoSlack; 03-23-2008 at 06:33 PM.
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Did you mount it without the block? The 23 has almost no dead rise, is it even needed.

My old xducer had a small flange area to it, and covered the hole by 1/2" on both sides. The new one has maybe 1/16" of coverage over the hole on each side, so the block is the way to get a little more surface area for the sealant to stick to.

Mine is mounted just forward of the engine in the flat spot, so I put the block on without cutting it.
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Default New Ducer

Mine is mounted in the same location as the original; on the flat spot right in front of the engine. It fits on the trailer inbetween the 2 center bunks with maybe 3 inches clearance on each side. Yes the front edge of the transducer is under my tank but John says they just use a small screw to set the ducer square with the keel and the 5200 really secures it to the boat. Your tank sits up on
    3/4" blocks anyway which lets the liquid foam seep into and then it expands to support the tank.

I really got acquainted with the new 585 and ducer this weekend; a couple of rockcod trips over areas I know like the back of my hand and other than a few minor glitches the new unit did well and showed me where the fish were and definitely where they were not! I was never able to see the familiar mark of red rockcod; but I didn't catch any either. Salmon grouper showed up along with all the other smaller junk rockcod, and maybe the schools of these smaller cod were quite thick as I saw large schools of them off to the side of rockpiles. One setback is my high spots are not the same depth on this meter, they are 10-20feet deeper. I'm searching for a certain height so I know I'm on top of the pile so I can drop and at first I drove around in circles hopelessly lookling for a spot 20 feet shallower until I figured it out. I guess I'll get used to it.

5 grouper today 3-3.5#; 3 green stripes and 2 bank perch on the lower 9. A couple of ling bites but nothing stuck.

Anyone looking to upgrade to the Furuno 585 $1114.52 at Ultimate marine.com. Yes the transducer is expensive. I found the 526t-HDD, Yes built in diplexer with temp and fairing block and 10pin plug for $660.00. The store is online www.anyboat.com. Only bummer is that it is in Ca. so you have to pay the $53.00 or so dollars in tax. Hope this is a help.

Josh

I think I paid $650 from Consumers Marine back east - no tax/free shipping. I bought the 585 from Phantom Marine $1104 + tax - Boat Show Price. I wanted to have someone local for service if / when I need it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information