+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: which gear ratio?

Erik:

Keep in mind that your boat was repowered in 92 with a 41B and a 1:95 outdrive. I would stick to the 1:95 and adjust your prop accordingly as suggested by the experts (me not included) on this forum. I found a couple more receipts and indeed the outdrive was rebuilt last year by a authorized Volvo repair shop here in MDR. I spoke to Karl who remembered it to be a 1:95 and he suggested as did Mike, (No Slack) that the 1:78 is used with the higher horsepower diesels. I also found the receipt for the u-joint service gone by John (Blackmans mechanic) he also noted that is was a 1:95. Both repairs were done last summer.

Mike

Great job Mike.
    You can't go wrong having John at Blackman's rebuild your OD. I should know but I don't know what gears I have. John replaced all of the gears after 2500 hours. He said it was time to replace them but the OD was in good shape. The shaft that comes outside the OD was worn down from the pressure of the seal. It was letting water in.
    I run A3's.
    Hijole

Well i believe we are going to stay with the 1.95, but volvo has the complete OD on back order, so we would have to put on a lower and go through the upper, 1.78 complete is available, it would be nice to get a all new OD, but I feel the 1.95 is probably the correct combo. Well with every answer a new question arises, I geuss I'm getting a real crash course in this boating thing. Thanks guys, Erik

What’s wrong with Zack's Outdrive it's a 1.95 and he's making you a smoking deal on it. You could just use the lower and sale the upper and save your self a lot of cash. I know the drive was used less than a year before he re-powered. Zack is religious about changing his fluids every hundred hours.

theres nothing wrong with zacks he may still be a option, but its in insurances hands and its at the repair shop now getting a qoute, so I goota wait to hear from, state farm, Zack I will call you back when I get more info. Erik

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information