+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 6/5/2008 fuel

Default 6/5/2008 fuel

Bought fuel today at the truck stop in National City.
    $4.47 for off road diesel, down 10 cents form yeasterday
    $4.79 for road diesel, down 15 cents from yesterday.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Default BIO Fuel

OK Mike I know you have been sitting in your work shop with a pad and pencil (thinking) long and hard on how to make Bio fuel just let us know how much money you need.

Russ

I looked into it when fuel crested $2.50 a gallon and thought it wasn't worth the hassle. Starting to re-think the whole thing again.

The real down fall is the waist stream you generate. I hear it's as much as 10%, and making 200 gallons a month would leave you with 20 gallons of vegetable sludge to dispose of.

I know these engines will run on any type of light oil or even straight vegetable oil if it's warmed to 160 degrees. When diesel broke 3 bucks for the first time I ran one of the Mercedes for a month on 50/50 blend of diesel and canola oil I bought at Costco. The only difference I notice was a rougher idle on start-up before the car warmed up.

Mike

p.s. we had 30,000 gallons of fuel delivered at work today and it was less than $3.50 a gallon. It's the same company making the deliveries that runs the truck stop where I pain $4.47 yesterday, so it looks like the fuel company is still making a good profit at the pump.
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

I know everyone hates waiting at the border. if you time it right the wait can be short, probably 45 minutes to an hour. People wait 2 hours daily to come to work without any complaints. if it's the safety thing I guess I'll offer to take some first timers on an early morning or late evening run. I'm going right now to fill up.
    Hijole

Quote Originally Posted by hijole View Post
    I know everyone hates waiting at the border. if you time it right the wait can be short, probably 45 minutes to an hour. People wait 2 hours daily to come to work without any complaints. if it's the safety thing I guess I'll offer to take some first timers on an early morning or late evening run. I'm going right now to fill up.
    45 minutes! You have to remember I'm a gringo and I don't wait well. My third for Cataina just bailed out, you should go. I'll burn MX diesel the whole time even if it is refined in CA.
    Yale
    "Riley"
    32' Blackman Sportfisher

The CA trucks continue to fill up large fuel cells in the back of thier trucks. At the Pemex in Otay the attendant claims that they have a special filtering system only used in about 5 stations in TJ. When I went this weekend the wait in the regular line was about 15 cars.
    Hijole

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information