+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: battery placement

On the Patron I put a generator on the stbd side. Not only did it balance things out it solved the power problem. Two things that will get you thru the night (on the boat that is), Led anchor light and I plumbed the bait tank so that my secondary bait pump was a low amp pump. No good when running but ok on the anchor. If the primary pump took a dump during the day I changed valves and switches and it gave me time to change out the bad pump.

New boat has 4 class 31 AGM so I can party all night long. Do recommend looking at the AGM’s.

http://www.vonwentzel.net/Battery/
    Yale
    "Riley"
    32' Blackman Sportfisher

We switched to 6 volts in 2003. I have 4 interstate batteries we disconnected the Blackman relay switch. I installed a battery switch it`s worked great for all these years still using the same batteries. We also carry a Honda 2000 we use it for Squid lights and coffee. We can run all night refer,pumps,TV, lights and start the next morning on the same bank. Good luck with what ever you decide on.

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by Knot Now View Post
    I put my generator on the bridge and I also have a "home" CO detector and it works...I have had the detector go off with generator on the deck.
    Does it set off the CO detector when on the bridge? I was going to put mine on the bridge but I was worried about the wiring conduit funneling fumes in to the cabin.

Quote Originally Posted by Freespool View Post
    Does it set off the CO detector when on the bridge?
    I have never had the CO detector go off the generator on the bridge. I run it with the exhaust pointing toward the latter and the generator is in the pathway on the port side.

Quote Originally Posted by Freespool View Post
    I was going to put mine on the bridge but I was worried about the wiring conduit funneling fumes in to the cabin.
    Go point about the wiring conduit. Mine is full of wires, but maybe I should reconsider.....I also never run the generator overnight....

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information