+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DP-D Lower Duoprop Outdrive

Well, I can't show anyone the damaged prop because it came off. Rear prop/cone gone. As for the SQ damaged props, had them rehubbed and reworked, so nothing to show there.
    Glenn (Wizard)
    "The Reel One"
    26' Billfisher

Let me nominate the Wizard for the BOCA Black and Blue Award, aka the Blackman Purple Heart. Tournament points need an engine hour factor and maintenance receipts along with the weigh tickets.

Oceanside Marine Center (located in the harbor) deals in the VP diesels and outdrives. Check with Buzz.....rt

Let's not start playing favors for the guys that are having a hard time staying on the water.

Do you know how long it took me to find Jimmy Hoffa's body, then place him in just the right place that two of the top competitor would clip him?

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Hahaha... so it's Mike's fault? LOL
    Glenn (Wizard)
    "The Reel One"
    26' Billfisher

Default What goes around comes around

Great Mike, I hope I'm not around when you're halibut drifting and you think you finally have that 50 pounder and up comes the rest of Hoffa on your trap hook ! You think floating seals stink?

No more worries about anyone else hitting Hoffa. I got out last week and cleaned up the mess.

On a serious note, these DP outdrives are our week link. Don built a hull like no other, but we are still running the same outdrive you would find on a Bayliner. I've clipped a few things in my day and survived it with my old single prop. I don't think I'll be so lucky with the new DP.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Default Outdrive Exchange

The guy who works there is a little spacey. But he is very fair, and reasonably priced. He will work hard to make you happy. The only prob for you is that he is up in Costa Mesa! I have had him help me out before, and I was happy. He sells my commercial fish bud a lot of parts and he has never had a complaint either. Good luck! I feel your pain.

No Question (JR)

Funny how you here some people say that Volvo Penta Outdrives are like an anvil, solid as a rock compared to old OMC or Bravo. Then other times you here otherwise.

Anyhow, seems I got lucky with my timing. Ray up and Outdrive Exchange had the exact gear ratio and model I need in stock waiting to fix some boat that has been delayed 4 weeks with other repairs. And, he is willing to hang it this Saturday morning, early, so I don't have to take it someplace and wait for them to order one then butt in line of some shop's seasonal backlog. Long drive/tow, but should be back in the water in San Diego by early afternoon.

Watch out, the fish will probably hear about it and leave the near banks by tomorrow night.

Maybe I'll fish in my slip a few weekends to get some hours on it before my next repair /LOL
    Last edited by Wizard; 05-12-2004 at 06:15 PM.
    Glenn (Wizard)
    "The Reel One"
    26' Billfisher

Default Volvo Outdrives

I still think Volvo outdrives are the best thing going right now even if it takes every cent you own to keep them running! Just tell your wife if she's not happy about it it's her choice where to spend the money; either the Volvo mechanic or a hitman for her, she'll get the picture. Mine did for awhile then she just "disappeared".

Sincerely,

Scott Petersen

Ok, get Hoffa's corpse out of my way (and any other foreign objects). New outdrive and props installed. Might be my imagination, but it sure sounds like it is running a lot smoother and 'tighter' then it ever did before. Towed it up to Costa Mesa at 6AM on Saturday morning, installed new outdrive, towed it back and launched by to my slip by about 3PM, after a test around around MB.

Was going to go out and fish it Sunday, but just not interested in anymore bumpy rides, marginal weather, or long runs again too soon. Hope the fish come in numbers closer soon. It's still early in the season.

Saw Doug (Capt Hook) heading out of Quiviara Basin and waved.
    Glenn (Wizard)
    "The Reel One"
    26' Billfisher

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information