+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: D4 -260 Repower on the DOGHOUSE

Wow...I am drooling as I type. I have been eyeing the D4-225 for awhile now...maybe the 260 is the better way to go for the 26' Skippy...I got to stay away from these websites. My pocket book can't continue to handle these types of yearning!

Default D4-260

Dam, I was afraid of that..................................
    Maybe a D6-370 would be better

I think the D6-435 might be a little too much.
    Last edited by Knot Now; 09-09-2008 at 02:51 PM.

Default DogHouse is no dog

I was fortunate enough to be along for the ride. I have a D4-225 in my boat and that 260 is the way to go. The EVC controls are an improvement. All integrated. No need for FloScan. Blackman did a nice job of retro-fitting that new engine. Congratulations Jeff and thanks for the ride. bill

Damn Jeff, that is awesome. Gotta get me one!!!
    Charlie
    NOMAD

I understand. Next year we’re doing a US to Canada to the East Coast to the Southern US to San Diego trip in the camper. Probably six segments all told. In between I’ll be heading south and perhaps north on the Riley and company is always nice. I’ll keep you posted. Congratulations again on the repower.
    Yale
    "Riley"
    32' Blackman Sportfisher

Smile D4 -260 REPOWER ON THE PENTHOUSE

JEFF,
    Great DECISION ON THE repower!!! It looks like a lot of room to change the oil & maintance some day in the engine compartment.I am Very Happy for you. Great job by BLACKMAN BOATS!

David

I can't believe you didn't ask me for permission.

CAn it burn Mx diesel?

I paid $2.25 this morning at Otay.
    Hijole

Default NM per gallon Update

I just put the DOGHOUSE back in the water today after it's first 50 hour service; John also installed an additional fuel guage and then he calibrated the fuel tank sender and programed the fuel monitoring programs into the display. So now when I'm running I can check my current gallons per hour burn rate, nautical miles per gallon, remaining % of fuel in tank, distance to empty, time in hours to empty, trip average fuel GPH rate, trip average NM per gallon average, and trip odometer.

So I did a little test to find my best NMPG and it was a little surprising. Naturally at idle (4.0 KNTS) it's something like 12-15 nmpg; at 6 nts it's around 8.0 , and @ 1550rpm- 7.2 it's 6.2 nmpg. Once the Compressor kicks in @
    (1600-2100 rpm) 8.5-13kts it drops to 2.5-2.7 nmpg and until 2400 @ 16knts it stays about the same. 2500-2650 17-19.5 kts. it starts back up to 3.0 nmpg and from 2700 to 3000 (19.5-25.5 kts) it actually goes up higher to 3.3 nmpg. So I guess it might be cheaper to go faster, imagine that! This test was run with a full fuel tank, full bait tank, and one person on board; your milage may vary.

OK Jeff,

I'm stoked for you and your new engine and the great fuel economy but, What caused your AD-41 to die? As a reletively new AD-41 owner I want to ensure that I do everything right to avoid the same fate. I love my 41 as it is fast enough for me (Ok almost) and it does outstanding in the fuel economy department. In addition it's easy for me to work on.

Do you know what happened?

Scott
    Tenacious

Scott I think it just got tired. They say every hour you get after 5000 is a bonus and mine had 5150 on her. They haven't pulled it apart yet but the problem was excessive combustion blowby causing the crankcase to become pressurized forcing the oil out the dirstick. We were not running fast (2700 RPM @ 12nts.) and the motor didn't get hot. It was either worn out rings which finally gave way or a cracked piston, I don't know.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information