+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D4 -260 Repower on the DOGHOUSE

Hybrid View

Default DogHouse is no dog

I was fortunate enough to be along for the ride. I have a D4-225 in my boat and that 260 is the way to go. The EVC controls are an improvement. All integrated. No need for FloScan. Blackman did a nice job of retro-fitting that new engine. Congratulations Jeff and thanks for the ride. bill

OK Jeff,

I'm stoked for you and your new engine and the great fuel economy but, What caused your AD-41 to die? As a reletively new AD-41 owner I want to ensure that I do everything right to avoid the same fate. I love my 41 as it is fast enough for me (Ok almost) and it does outstanding in the fuel economy department. In addition it's easy for me to work on.

Do you know what happened?

Scott
    Tenacious

Scott I think it just got tired. They say every hour you get after 5000 is a bonus and mine had 5150 on her. They haven't pulled it apart yet but the problem was excessive combustion blowby causing the crankcase to become pressurized forcing the oil out the dirstick. We were not running fast (2700 RPM @ 12nts.) and the motor didn't get hot. It was either worn out rings which finally gave way or a cracked piston, I don't know.

Jeff it’s the same with the Honeygirl (well when it’s in the water and running) I have a sweet spot when the boat gets the best fuel economy. Sometimes it better for me to do 23-24knotts than to do 17 or 18. For you guys with out a fuel monitoring system they are worth there weight in gold. It will pay for its self very quickly and they are not the hard to install just takes a little time and patience.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information