Thread: BBQ ????????????

Threaded View

Default Great Ideas - Wrong Club

Quote Originally Posted by yellowfin1 View Post
    I like the idea of Saturday and going a bit later. I like the food spread that we have all contributed to in the past. We should keep that going. Some of you guys get pretty fairly with the dishes. I'm still dreaming about those crispy fish tacos and lobsters which have been contributed in the past. Some other ideas:
    1. Fishing seminars- Anyone know someone who knows how to fish? Maybe a squid making seminar by those in the club who know how to do it.
    2. Maybe we could get a special guest speaker like Steve Blackman to talk about some history of the Blackman boats and the direction that he is going with the boats. Maybe some helpful insight on Blackman boat maintenance?
    3. Maybe we could get a fish and game person to stop by to review rockfish regulations, or a customs agent to review checkin procedures. A lifeguard or Coastguard representative to review alcohol and boating regulations?
    4. Maybe we could have some specific topics to discuss and assign a czar to lead the group in the discussion. Example: Mike could lead the group in discussion about secret halibut spots (like that's gonna happen)? Long range trip planning, fishing Cataline, etc.
    Ok, my brain is now fried. I must go back to work so I can veg out a while. I also know the routine that if you have an idea that people like then you alos have to take it for action and make it happen. So if there is ANY interest in any of these ideas let me hear from you guys and I'll try to make one or some of them happen.

Scott,

If seminars, meetings, and Guest speakers are what you're after then you should join the Mission Bay Marlin Club. They have a meeting practically every month down at Marina Village; they have a different tourney each month from March through October with an optional overall side cash jackpot with 3 divisions - Men's , Women's , and Juniors. An Awards Banquet in January (Dinner Included), Membership meeting in February, and the Friday night generally before the weekend tournament we have a Guest Speaker and it includes a light dinner too, included with the cost of the membership. There's also an optional Fish of the Month contest for $20; if you catch the biggest fish during the calender month you win a free reel at the next meeting. This year they are giving out Avet MX 2 speeds, not too shabby. There are Custom Jacket Awards for Top Male, Top Female, Top Junior, and Top Boat for those who participate in the tourneys.

Thread Jack Off !
    Last edited by DOGHOUSE26; 10-16-2008 at 12:15 PM.

Thread Information