+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BBQ ????????????

Default BBQ ????????????

Hey guys..... Do we want to have A BBQ this year? looking for input... zack

Put me down for onion rings. If you want fish and chips, I might have to go fishing and catch something before we can get together.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

The Grand Poo-Bah needs to pick a date.......

Do we want to have BBQ??? Of course we do. Where else can we sit around and drink beer, eat good fish, and talk about one of our favorite subjects. I'm in. Maybe this year we need to do a Blackman fishing outing like a week before the planned BBQ day. This way we could all contribute to the fish fry AND it could also be considered the FINAL day of the Annual tournament.

Whatya think?
    Tenacious

OK Boys, we need some suggestions on how to improve the BBQ. Seems like in the past we set up, eat and breakdown way to fast. Lets start with the basics, Saturday or Sunday? We usually have it on Sunday but I think that may be part of the problem with everyone gearing up for Monday. Maybe we go for a Saturday with a later start so we can go a bit later. Maybe have it on the dock so we can be closer to the boats (after all, BOCA owns J-dock now. Jeff can give us hi speed rides on the Doghouse too! Any other ideas?

Unfortunatly, no jackets this year as the vendor won't do single runs anymore. Maybe we need to talk about changing up the tournament too. Anyway, let me know what you guys think and we'll start the process. I'll start a separate signup thread for RSVP's and the grub!
    Charlie
    NOMAD

I can stay all night if I leave the wife at home or make her drive her own car.

Won't make that mistake again.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

I am in

I like the idea of Saturday and going a bit later. I like the food spread that we have all contributed to in the past. We should keep that going. Some of you guys get pretty fairly with the dishes. I'm still dreaming about those crispy fish tacos and lobsters which have been contributed in the past. Some other ideas:
    1. Fishing seminars- Anyone know someone who knows how to fish? Maybe a squid making seminar by those in the club who know how to do it.
    2. Maybe we could get a special guest speaker like Steve Blackman to talk about some history of the Blackman boats and the direction that he is going with the boats. Maybe some helpful insight on Blackman boat maintenance?
    3. Maybe we could get a fish and game person to stop by to review rockfish regulations, or a customs agent to review checkin procedures. A lifeguard or Coastguard representative to review alcohol and boating regulations?
    4. Maybe we could have some specific topics to discuss and assign a czar to lead the group in the discussion. Example: Mike could lead the group in discussion about secret halibut spots (like that's gonna happen)? Long range trip planning, fishing Cataline, etc.
    Ok, my brain is now fried. I must go back to work so I can veg out a while. I also know the routine that if you have an idea that people like then you alos have to take it for action and make it happen. So if there is ANY interest in any of these ideas let me hear from you guys and I'll try to make one or some of them happen.
    Tenacious

I'm in, I think we should just sit around drink, eat good food, and bullshit. I will see what I can do about getting some bugs for the Q.

all great ideas, sounds like Saturday is the preference, I'll check the calendar and suggest some dates
    Charlie
    NOMAD

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information