+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BBQ ????????????

Default Great Ideas - Wrong Club

Quote Originally Posted by yellowfin1 View Post
    I like the idea of Saturday and going a bit later. I like the food spread that we have all contributed to in the past. We should keep that going. Some of you guys get pretty fairly with the dishes. I'm still dreaming about those crispy fish tacos and lobsters which have been contributed in the past. Some other ideas:
    1. Fishing seminars- Anyone know someone who knows how to fish? Maybe a squid making seminar by those in the club who know how to do it.
    2. Maybe we could get a special guest speaker like Steve Blackman to talk about some history of the Blackman boats and the direction that he is going with the boats. Maybe some helpful insight on Blackman boat maintenance?
    3. Maybe we could get a fish and game person to stop by to review rockfish regulations, or a customs agent to review checkin procedures. A lifeguard or Coastguard representative to review alcohol and boating regulations?
    4. Maybe we could have some specific topics to discuss and assign a czar to lead the group in the discussion. Example: Mike could lead the group in discussion about secret halibut spots (like that's gonna happen)? Long range trip planning, fishing Cataline, etc.
    Ok, my brain is now fried. I must go back to work so I can veg out a while. I also know the routine that if you have an idea that people like then you alos have to take it for action and make it happen. So if there is ANY interest in any of these ideas let me hear from you guys and I'll try to make one or some of them happen.

Scott,

If seminars, meetings, and Guest speakers are what you're after then you should join the Mission Bay Marlin Club. They have a meeting practically every month down at Marina Village; they have a different tourney each month from March through October with an optional overall side cash jackpot with 3 divisions - Men's , Women's , and Juniors. An Awards Banquet in January (Dinner Included), Membership meeting in February, and the Friday night generally before the weekend tournament we have a Guest Speaker and it includes a light dinner too, included with the cost of the membership. There's also an optional Fish of the Month contest for $20; if you catch the biggest fish during the calender month you win a free reel at the next meeting. This year they are giving out Avet MX 2 speeds, not too shabby. There are Custom Jacket Awards for Top Male, Top Female, Top Junior, and Top Boat for those who participate in the tourneys.

Thread Jack Off !
    Last edited by DOGHOUSE26; 10-16-2008 at 12:15 PM.

I'm in. I agree that we tend to break down too early and head home. I can give a seminar on how to avoid catching legal lobster yet keep the numbers up.

Phil S.

I'm definitely in this time around. I can stay put with the best of them so don't worry about me circling the wagons early. I recommend either:
    a) some Saturday so we don't compete with the Chargers or
    b) Sunday with a TV so we can all watch the game.

Sonds good again. The year went by too fast.

I like all of the ideas. I agree with Jeff re club membership. If I was retired like him I could join 2 clubs, 1 is enough for now.

Maybe each person can bring an idea to share; fishing, mecanical, boat, trailer, truck idea.
    Mike has brought some good ones starting with the halibut rigs and jig he made for adjusting the valves.
    I think Sunday was Ok but the last ones interfered with Chargers or other games. A Saturday may interfere with college games for some.

I like the dock idea. I used to know some real friendly gals on the doc until the BOCA's got jealous and tried to connect me with a doll.
    Hijole

Quote Originally Posted by hijole View Post
    Sonds good again. The year went by too fast.

I like all of the ideas. I agree with Jeff re club membership. If I was retired like him I could join 2 clubs, 1 is enough for now.

Maybe each person can bring an idea to share; fishing, mecanical, boat, trailer, truck idea.
    Mike has brought some good ones starting with the halibut rigs and jig he made for adjusting the valves.
    I think Sunday was Ok but the last ones interfered with Chargers or other games. A Saturday may interfere with college games for some.

I like the dock idea. I used to know some real friendly gals on the doc until the BOCA's got jealous and tried to connect me with a doll.
    Did the BOCA girl ever tell you "No, Stop That!" ? I didn't think so! You and Hector played Pirates of the Carribean with her for a long time, well after you used up all the patches in the patch kit!

If we have the picnic before November 4th I'm sure you can inform us on the the finer points of "No on 8" since you're one of the Big Wheels in the CTA! They're spending too much money on that junk!
    Last edited by DOGHOUSE26; 10-24-2008 at 10:34 AM.

I am in if it is on a Saturday. Just let me know what to bring other than fish. I had a freezer full until it took a dump. All the neighbors ate good for a wile.

How far from J dock are the guest slips? Are they in staggering distance?

I don't know if the slip next to mine is vacant now or not, there used to be a 27 Sea Ray Express in there. You might be able to get it on a temp basis,J-39 I think

Do you have the name and number of who to call?

Nope, the deutshbag is back in his slip and crap is all over the dock!

What do you guys think of the Saturday after Thanksgiving??
    Charlie
    NOMAD

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information