I finished repowering my 28 Topaz (50-50) and now want to get the old engines out of my garage.

F/S

I have two TAMD40A engines only for sale. Rated at 148 Hp for Inboard, 155 for Sterndrive.

Engine no 1. In running condition. Previous owner (Troy) said it had 3500 hours. I can't verify this as the hour meter said 251. I have performed the following to this engine in the last 3 years. $3500 OBO

1. Rebuilt the injection pump 2 years ago.
2. Rebuilt all 6 injectors 2 years ago.
3. Installed new glow plugs to replace those that did not work 3 years ago. I think 4 of them were replaced.
4. Installed new seawater pump 2 years ago. Installed new impeller 2 months ago.
5. Had local mechanic clean the freshwater side of the cooling system using the Volvo solution and install new coolant (2 months ago).
6. Installed new exhaust elbow 2 years ago.
7. Cleaned the seawater side of the cooling system 1 year ago.
8. Installed new primary fuel filter and lift pump 3 years ago.
9. Previous owner said he had the turbo rebuilt. No paperwork to prove this but the engine made no black smoke. The turbo spins freely.
10. Installed new radiator cap 2 years ago.1
11. I had a local certified Volvo mechanic remove the head to remove a part of a glow plug that broke off in a pre-combustion chamber 2 years ago. There are no coolant leaks.

This engine ran 175 degrees according to the Volvo gauges and reached 3600 RPMs at WOT. I ran it at 3000 RPMS.

Engine no 2. In running condition but recently had a problem where there was a loud bang and it shut down. A lot of oil was in the bilge. I added oil and restarted the engine. It runs and has oil pressure but there it idles unsteadily and puts out white smoke through the exhaust and breather. It might have dropped a pre-cup. I do not know exactly what is wrong with the engine. It might be minor or might be big. Feel free to bring a mechanic with you for inspection. It did not overheat. There are no coolant leaks.

Previous owner said it had 3500 hours. I can't verify this as the hour meter said 251. I have performed the following to this engine in the last 3 years. $1500.00 OBO

1. Previous owner rebuilt the injection pump. Not sure when but it has been rebuilt.
2. Rebuilt all 6 injectors 2 years ago.
3. Installed new glow plugs to replace those that did not work 3 years ago. 4 were replaced. One is now inoperable. I broke it while removing it.
4. Installed new seawater pump 2 years ago. Installed new impeller 2 months ago.
5. Had local mechanic clean the freshwater side of the cooling system using the Volvo solution and install new coolant (2 months ago).
6. Installed new exhaust elbow in the last years.
7. Cleaned the seawater side of the cooling system 1 year ago.
8. Installed new primary fuel filter and lift pump 3 years ago.
9. Previous owner said he had the turbo rebuilt. No paperwork to prove this but the engine made no black smoke. The turbo spins freely.
10. Installed new radiator cap 2 years ago.1

This engine ran 180 degrees according to the Volvo gauges and reached 3600 RPMs at WOT. I ran it at 3000 RPMS.

There are many new parts on these engines that could be of use to someone who has them. I am willing to sell either one or both of them. I will be removing them within the next month. I can run them for you.

These engines are bobtail. Each engine comes with a wiring harnesses and gauge panel. I had to cut three of the four harnesses to remove them from the boat but I cut them in a spot where they will not be in the bilge and can be spliced back together.

Located in Irvine, stored since November 2008 in the garage. No reasonable offer refused. I want to move these engines.

Bill Waters
949-857-8551