+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TAMD40A - Engines or Parts F/S

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by DOGHOUSE26 View Post
    Bill I forgot what you repowered with. And I think the HP ratings are higher for the inboard version, the outdrives consumes about 8% measured at the propshaft.
    I have a one page product bulletin for the TAMD40A that lists propeller output at 148 with MS3B gears although I have been told by other people the 'A' and 'B' engines both put out 165 hp.

I'm not sure at this point. I do know the pre-cups on this engine are smaller than on the 'B' so I think it made less HP due to less fuel being sent to the engine.

I just installed TAMD41B engines in the boat. I still have a few small issues that I'm dealing with but it is much faster now.

Thank you for the info.

Bill

Much Faster now? You'll need a Pilot's License to drive from the tower! I've been cruising 24.5 Knots @3400 up in the Lively One Tower in the lee of Catalina

Quote Originally Posted by DOGHOUSE26 View Post
    Much Faster now? You'll need a Pilot's License to drive from the tower! I've been cruising 24.5 Knots @3400 up in the Lively One Tower in the lee of Catalina
    Mine wasn't as fast as the Lively One with the 40A engines but it might be close now. I saw 29 kts during a quick WOT test.

I don't have Volvo alternators. I'm still trying to get the Prestolite's dialed in. I had to make a -9% adjustment on the Volvo tachs to compensate. I'll phototach them tomorrow to see if they are more accurate.

I can't imagine being in the tower at 24 kts if the seas are up but in flat water it might be fun. I'll be driving down for the MB Awards ceremony next weekend. Maybe I'll see you there.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information