+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TAMD40A - Engines or Parts F/S

I happen to have a spare box of 4 new glow plugs. Made by Autolite. They sell for 7.75 - 16.xx plus tax and shipping on the internet. How does $25.00 sound?

Irma and are going to the MB Marlin Club banquet on Sat. I can bring em with me. I also have a raw water pump I bought from Troy Grant via E-bay. He rebuilt it and used it as his on-board spare. I never installed it. It's in a box in the garage. I can bring it too. Make me an offer.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSlack View Post
    I hope someone comes along that needs the whole thing. If it comes down to parting them out, put me down for a couple hundred pounds of stuff.

My short list would include a sea water pump and heat exchanger. I know how hard those glow plugs are to get, so a couple of those would be nice too.

Mike
    Mike,

This is your lucky day. I forgot that I had a spare heat exchanger in my garage. I was trying to figure out why the stbd engine ran hotter than the port engine. John Benson told me Shirley Blackman had a H/E in the back. He checked it out and I bought it from her. ($900.00 for the entire unit) I installed it and it didn't fix my problem.

I have since found out the problem was caused by the strut and strut bearing. My new stbd engine is displaying the same problem. Running warmer than the port engine. The stbd strut had been replace with a custom SS unit and it wasn't in perfect alignment. I thought the boat yard had fixed this but that shaft is harder to turn than the port so it has to be the extra load that is making this engine and my old one to run warmer than the other one. This is also the same engine that blew up.

I have the H/E. I rodded out the seawater side and ran the boat for a short while. There is just a small amount of salt on it. It will clean up easily. I also cleaned out the coolant side.

The only problem I am aware of is a slightly stripped hole for the front cover. Troy had a longer bolt in it. I think it can be tapped to the next larger size. Might work better to put a standard bolt in instead of metric. The boot isn't in too bad a condition and it has the nice Volvo clamps. The front cover is not the reinforced model. It looks to be the original part. I also have a NOS temp sensor I'll throw into the deal.

I can throw this in the trunk as well.

Thanks

Bill

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/da...m/DSCN0034.JPG
    http://momentoffame.com/photopost/da...m/DSCN0033.JPG
    http://momentoffame.com/photopost/da.../DSCN00321.JPG
    http://momentoffame.com/photopost/da...m/DSCN0031.JPG
    Last edited by saltwaters; 01-29-2009 at 08:17 PM. Reason: add photos

Bill

I've had some parts on order for over a month now to build up a second pump using my spare internal parts. I'll call them first thing Monday and cancel the order if they aren't any closer to completing my order. I'm about $200 short in part to build up a second pump so that what a spare pump would be worth to me. If you can get more for it than that, that OK by me. I'll just wait out my order.

I will take your box of glow plugs and I'll need to give that cooler some thought. Mine's in good shap but I know how screwed I'd be if it went bad.

Do you make it down every month for the Marlin Club meeting? This Saturday is bad for me but next time you're down I set some time aside for you.
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Mike,

I don't get down that way too often. I'd really like to attend more meetings but Friday is the problem. I'm already making a 100 mile commute per day and it's hard to get to SD for a meeting. I plan on taking some Fridays off this year and taking the boat to MB before heading offshore. That would be the best way I can attend a meeting.

I'll take $200.00 for the pump and glow plugs. I can drop them off with someone who will be attending the banquet. You can send me a check for payment.

Bill Waters
    68 Tangerine
    Irvine, Ca 92618

We can talk later about the H/E.

I'll put the two parts in my wife's car. Make arrangements for someone to contact me at the banquet if you want the stuff otherwise I can ship them to you. I know Jerry Lively, John McGuire, Bob Hargraves, Russ Hughes ect.

Bill

I'll call around and see who I know that's going to be at the club tomorrow.

I might be up you way to look over the engine in a week or two if I miss you this week. I called David (Labrisa Del Mar)and talked to him about putting your working engine in his boat.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Default Tamd40a-Engine parts

Bill,
    I am interest in your Engine that is in running condition,Mike and I would like to take a look in the next couple weeks.I have the flu now,dont wish it on any one.My email is c21fanning @aol.com and cell is 619-318-4322 any time.Let us Know what week end would work For you.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by LABRISA DEL MAR View Post
    Bill,
    I am interest in your Engine that is in running condition,Mike and I would like to take a look in the next couple weeks.I have the flu now,dont wish it on any one.My email is c21fanning @aol.com and cell is 619-318-4322 any time.Let us Know what week end would work For you.
    David
    David,

I'll send you some photos of the engine and I'll give you a call. I should be free next Saturday or Sunday if that works for you. I have a Dana Angling Club banquet to go to but it' doesn't stat until 5:00 PMish.

Thank you,

Bill

Default Tamd40a-Engine or parts

Bill,
    Great,I will look for the pictures.The time will between Mike and you, I can go just about anytime.I will call mike.

Thank you for you time.
    David

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information