+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1/31 Fun Fishing

Default 1/31 Fun Fishing

Took Nathan and his buddy out for some fishing today. Had a great time even after a late start due to some kind of electrical gremlin. Great conditions for full speed cruising. It looked like a lot of fish had moved up into the relative shallows. Lots of fat starries with plenty of the bank RF. Caught one surpise fish that I wasn't sure of what it was. It looked an awful lot like the blue or black RF that are caught in northern cal. Also pulled up what looked like a small perch. The best one of the day was a 6.6 lb sheephead. The boys really got a kick out of that one and had a field day extracting jaws and teeth back at home. The drift started out slow and then stopped completely as we got towards afternoon. The bite seemed to be best around 9-11. We ended up just drifting for a long period of time with pretty good numbers of fish showing on the sonar and full speed every drop fishing.

Lots of fun and the boys did clean up on the way back in - doesn't get any better than that!
    Brian on Old Blue, out

Good going Brian. I assume you we working the same area we fished earlier in the month? Five or six years ago I pulled a big Sheapshead out of that area and I'll bet there at a lot more than we relize in there. It might be worth testing that area with some Gulp shrimp.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information