Finished the first coat of epoxy primer. I sprayed using a HVLP gun with a bag in the cup. It worked well except when the bag zip loc was not tight. I was able to spray with the gun upside down and at various angles. No spillage and the paint flowed fully. Tomorrow will be another primer and then one coat of 1088 black. I am going to follow with two coats of 1083 red. The 1083 is used by the Navy. It is a bit softer than the 1088 and is supposed to "sluff off" I got a good deal on it so it is worth a try. There is a possibility that it might sluff off too fast with a faster boat. But we will see.

Incidentially, Volvo offers a fixture to assist getting the outdrive on and off. It uses the 30 mm pins inserted part way into the housing. I am planning to make a fixture. It should be done in a week or so. If Mike or anyone wants to borrow it let me know.

Mike, I am doing the same as you on the outdrive. I am going to spray a zinc Strontium primer, followed by a epoxy barrier coat and Trilux 33. It will be interesting to see how well this works.