+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "U-Joint" Bellows

Hybrid View

Default Bearing zerk fitting

I do think you need to change the bearing!

I cannot say for sure about the DP-E, I have a DP-D1 and it does NOT have a zerk fitting, they changed the bearing to a sealed bearing. It was a "6206 2RS" IIRC.
    As I stated in a previous post, I had to replace mine because of a bellows leak. It’s pretty easy once you get the drive off. There is an external snap ring that holds a plastic spacer, then the bearing. IIRC,there was an internal snap ring that held the bearing on the shaft.

I would dry lube or anti-seize the shaft splines (both ends).

Hope this helps

Default U-joints and bellows

Thanks mike,

I installed a new 290 dp in my last boat but have not changed the u-joints before. Do I need to remove the entire drive or can I just pull the upper unit off and if so, will I need to replace any seals between the upper and lower unit.

Thanks, Zack

Default U Joints

I removed the uppper gear box. There are a couple of O-Rings that I replaced. Did not look like they needed to be but I chaged them out.

Volvo part # 925259 1ea.

" " #125017 2ea.

This is for my DP-E

Mike

Default u-joints and bellows

Thanks Mike,

It sounds pretty straight forward. I do have a few more questions and was wondering if you could call me or if you could email me your phone number. I want to make sure I don't screw this thing up as these outdrives can get expensive.

Thanks, Zack 805-302-3330

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information