+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New guy

Quote Originally Posted by NEKTON View Post
    Jason, It's Todd by SWYC. Glad you're here. Beautiful Billfisher you have.

CYA!
    Thanx! Just got it back today from getting hole cut and mounts glassed in.
    Just got to get trim rams rebuilt and have outdrive shimmed for new lower unit. Then I can drop it all in. Looks like I should make it before the tuna are here.
    26' billfisher

Seatrial scheduled for Saturday.
    26' billfisher

Congratulations and good luck, just remember to back off the trim tabs a little bit when returning down swell at speed; if you don't you will the second time I guarantee it!

Jason, good luck. I would be out there but my daughter is celebrating 1 yr of marriage. See you out in the water.
    Al

Didn't make it yesterday. Not pulling water to the pump.afterpulling water pump 3 times we found the problem to be in the lower. Pulled it to reseal. Hoping to try again today.
    26' billfisher

Just got back from her maiden voyage. Logged 150ish miles and other than the autopilot being junk(old benmar) the trip went flawless. Even got quad hookup on the trollers. Perfect way to break it in if you ask me...LOL! Even in the snotty seas she rode like a cadillac.I'm in love!
    26' billfisher

I went by your house and did not see the boat or truck, so figured you were out on trials or moved the boat elsewhere. Good to hear everything went well. who went and what did you bring home?
    Last edited by Al Gagnon; 06-20-2009 at 11:38 PM. Reason: edit

Bottomline, Leedog (from bd) ,my son and myself. Woke to crashing bluefin but they sunk out.we hooked an albie and I came unbuttoned at the boat . We did manage a quad hookup on bonies. Great trip eitherway. I hear all the people bitchin about the weather yesterday....don't know why?
    26' billfisher

If the AP is acting a little lazy, it's most likely dirty contacts and should be easily corrected if you clean the contacts in the control unit.

Pop the front cover open by pushing in one of the spring pins on either side of the control unit(use a small nail to push the pin). Once you get the cover open take some contact cleaner and give the post and 3 contact fingers a good cleaning.

If all else fails, pull it out and send it back to Benmar (LA area) for a tune up.

Mike

NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

When I first tried it it would click at the control box.(in the house) Pulled the motor out to find gears look worn. Reinstalled and it worked. When out in the water it would veer hard left. Think I can fix it cheap? (-$200) I will be looking for an ap24. But could spend that money elsewhere for now.
    Last edited by Zarco; 06-21-2009 at 10:26 AM.
    26' billfisher

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information