+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Liferaft recommendation

Default Liferaft recommendation

Hi BOCA,
    I've been looking around a little at various used liferafts. There sure are a whole lot of options to choose from. I think I've determined that I want a 4 person liferaft in a cannister to mount on the bow in front of the hatch. Unfortunately, the ones that I have seen so far are really large and would take up a lot of the bow. Can any of you recommendation a 4 person raft that is small enough to mount up there without taking up the whole bow?

Revere just came out with a very small 4 person raft that I like because of it's size. It is about $1k brand new (which is cheap!). I am a little concerned though as Revere has been sold to a chinese company and since the rafts are a new design, I will want to thoroughly check them out.

I know what some of you are thinking but, a 5'5" blond polyurethane doll does not constitute a liferaft.

Thanks,
    Scott
    Tenacious

"I know what some of you are thinking but, a 5'5" blond polyurethane doll does not constitute a liferaft."

Yeah, but it's a form of flotation you would never let go of!

Default liferaft

I have a zodiac z20020 model in a valis it is large .Check out winslow rafts they pack very small fotheir size.

I've got a Winslow 6 man that is shrink packaged. On the Patron I kept it under the dinette seat. I looked at the 4 man footprint and the size of the butts of the people I usually fish with and decided that even with 3 or 4 in the raft a six man was the way to go.
    Yale
    "Riley"
    32' Blackman Sportfisher

I have a six man too .

What do those Winslows cost and where is the best place to get one? I can't swim as far as i used to!

Thanks for the feedback. I'll check out the Winslows.

Jeff,
    Only problem with the doll is that the coast guard might just rescue the doll and leave the survivor behind.
    Tenacious

Default Winslow

I've got the winslow 6 man too. You can usually find some sort of deal at any of the boat shows. I think it was a free canister at the last show. Definetly get it shrink wrapped, saves you on service.
    Charlie
    NOMAD

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I've got the winslow 6 man too. You can usually find some sort of deal at any of the boat shows. I think it was a free canister at the last show. Definetly get it shrink wrapped, saves you on service.
    Nevermind guys, I found one available that's never been used. Picked it up for next to nothing if you know what I mean! Shrink wrapped and ready to go!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information