+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raggedy Trailers?

Default Raggedy Trailers?

I just called to check on the progress of the new trailer I ordered and they are building 3 others for 26’ Blackman’s. Are any of them for anyone here?

Default Trailer

I think Jeff was talking about a trailer don't know if he ordered one Yet

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by Freespool View Post
    I just called to check on the progress of the new trailer I ordered and they are building 3 others for 26’ Blackman’s. Are any of them for anyone here?

Who did you order the trailer from?

Quote Originally Posted by DOGHOUSE26 View Post
    Who did you order the trailer from?
    Pacific

I know Blackman currently uses Trail Rite Trailers.

There were alot of 26s built in the 80s & 90s and 20 years is a long time for a salt water boat trailer. Also, alot of owners with no trailer are re-thinking about those high slip fees and how to get around it.

I was looking at Trail Rite and they seem to be a good trailer. The reason I went with Pacific is that everything is a bolt on. That way if something happens I can just unbolt whatever is damaged and bolt a new part on and not messing up the galvanizing. The price was really close between the two of them.

The only trouble with bolts is that unless you locktite the bejesus out of them, they're going to get loose and it typically happens when you're driving an empty trailer; they bounce and shake all the time.

Just as long as the bunk mounts are welded to your boats dimensions, the rest are accessories and you should be OK.

That is a draw back of having everything bolted, but one I am willing to deal with. On one of my prior boats I had a blow-out at 50mph that took out my fender and side bunk. After I was done cutting and welding everything back together the galvanizing was useless in that area. That is what got me thinking about having everything being a bolt-on. Well that and my luck with tires and the time at Dana landing when I came in and someone had decided to do a little metal reshaping wile I was out.

Luckily mine came with a newer trailrite trailer. Only wished it were galvanized. I can see it rusted out in the future.
    26' billfisher

I wouldn’t worry about it too much my current one is epoxy painted and it is 23 years old. The main reason I am replacing it is to go with a more heavy duty model. If I lived closer to the water I would run it for at least 5 more years with out any major work.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information