+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raggedy Trailers?

Hybrid View

Pat good to hear, I don’t know about the electric brakes salt water and any thing electric never go good together, plus when you on a rode trip it easy to take spare parts for the disk brakes and you can get the parts for almost any where. But hey it's your trailer.

Yale I will have some motivation posted for you in a little while. It's been a good year so far.

Well it is finally here. Four weeks late on a week and a half delivery schedule. I just picked it up today and haven’t got the boat on it yet hope to do the switch in two to three weeks work permitting. It looks great and tows great, the electric over hydraulic disk brakes are really nice. The only issue is one of the maintenance free greaseless hubs is in need of maintenance. It has a sizeable leek but they are guaranteed for 10 years

Congratulations on the new trailer! Sounds like you went first class all the way and not having to worry about your trailer getting your boat to and from your fishing destination is a big plus; if my boat wasn't slipped I don't know if I would have it and I'm sure I would use it 75% less than I do now dragging it on my original Aros trailer. I was seriously considering buying the Trail Rite on Craigs list but if I put the same money back into my Aros I think I'd be dollars ahead; it's a stonger trailer with 8 lugs instead of 6; and the main frame channels are larger. But Joe and you are right, 12-15,000 GVW is the way to go.

Thanks, with the drive I have to get to the water a 15000# gvw is a must. I always see the CHP pulling the people with the big Weekend Warrior type trailers over on my way home. Those over weight tickets are not cheep and neither is bailing a boat out of an impound yard plus the tow bill. The only drawback is I wanted to get rid of my class A license and now I cant.

I'm afraid to weigh my fully loaded boat & Trailer; I don't have a Class A license and they're checking that more and more; mostly with Bobcats/dump trailers and the fines ain't cheap!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information