+ Reply to Thread

Thread: T Shark

Default T Shark

Picked up a 250# TS at the upper 9 this morning. My TS season started and stopped in less than 2 hours. He's resting comfortably in the freezer and we changed plans from Cat to the Rockpile.
    Yale
    "Riley"
    32' Blackman Sportfisher

Good call, it looks bouncy for the rest of the week. I'm thinking next week now.

What color, BOM or Rapala, etc.?

congrats yale....tried to hail you as we crossed paths this morning. 1st time I have seen your new boat.....its a beauty......zack

Nice Yale! Details? Good fight, jump?
    Tenacious

Good job Yale. I'll put 50 points on your score card next time I update the tournament board.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Sorry Zack I didn’t hear you but I did admire the boat. Never got a look at the stern so I couldn’t tell who it was. We we’re busy from the time we got there until we bailed. The ground rules for us was, one fish if we get one and that’s it for the season. Found a bit of slightly warmer water right away had three taps in about 45 minutes and at the 1 hour mark it was game on. It was interesting that all the colors got tapped and only one had a mackerel on. The successful rod had a black and purple bait o matic with sardines. If I were going to continue fishing for them I would go with the slow trolled bait only and focus on the mouth hook. The others were draped with sardines since I had one frozen mackerel and our bait catching efforts were less than successful. One half hour later the fish is on the deck. Those things are the easiest to dress out. Since this was the first of 5 days of fishing we then headed in, cut up filets, shrink wrapped and into the freezer. Checked out the Catalina info, which was not good, and opted for the rock pile. Spent Monday night at South Island and hit the rock pile bright and early Tuesday. Slow pick all day on the barracuda and one yellowtail. Back to South Island for the night and decided that a run for the rock cod was in order. Long run to an area I haven’t been to for quite a while. Got there about 11 am and we we’re done by 1pm. Three hours of filleting and we we’re at the dock by 7. I haven’t seen cod fishing like that for years. The bad news was we turned a 5 day trip into a 3 day trip.

Jeff, weather or not if you want to catch a TS that place is loaded right now.

No jump Scott as it was a tail hook or what it had left of a tail. I’ll get a picture up later and as you can see about 2’ of tail is missing.

Thanks for the points Mike I’ll send the pictures later.
    Yale
    "Riley"
    32' Blackman Sportfisher

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information