+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Putting seaboard on the bunks

I will surely let you guys know how it goes and I will not be disconnecting the safety chain or winch strap before the boat is in the water. Same with pulling out of the water. Safety chain and winch strap will be on. Pulling the boat out of the water is very slow. If the driver tries to step on the throttle too much, the back tires on the dually will spin, even if in 4X4.

Quote Originally Posted by Freespool View Post
    I have seen it in person 3 times at Oceanside. It is NOT a pretty sight. One of the times it was a friend of mine, and it was the first trip an a brand new boat. I was about ten feet away wen the boat hitthe deck and it scared the s**t out of me. Believe it or not the tow bill for the two trucks it took to get the boat back on the trailer was more than repairing the damage to the boat.
    I've seen boats come off of trailers with regular carpet bunks but never when a trailer had starboard or something similar. Did the trailers have teflon/starboard in the instances you've seen?

The one time I saw it happen is was at Dana Launch Ramp, the boat was a 24-26' Cuddy Cruiser, and it was an Easy - Load Trailer with all rollers. once the boat hit the ramp incline it was all over!

Our boats are so heavy I would be shocked if one slipped off a set of carpet/ silicone sprayed bunks. However starboard is hard and slick at I could see it happen with starboard bunks.

Quote Originally Posted by iclypso View Post
    I've seen boats come off of trailers with regular carpet bunks but never when a trailer had starboard or something similar. Did the trailers have teflon/starboard in the instances you've seen?
    No they were just carpet. The ramp at Oceanside is very steep and people still think they dont need to hook the strap on.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information