+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: heading out fri night

Default heading out fri night

Where to go? South doesn't look good? maybe east?Thinking sci? Just wanna get out. Been working on the boat WAY too much. Gotta run it.
    26' billfisher

May just go WAY south. 100+ miles?( depending on weather)
    Last edited by Zarco; 07-08-2009 at 12:00 AM.
    26' billfisher

Go for it if you got the fuel. I went to the Hidden bank and scunked. No signs at all. Things are suppsoe to be picking up. I have not read much on Bloodydecks. I still have not had the bucks to fill up my fuel tank, since my last trip. Had my tranny beefed up and had the rear breaks done . Total $4800. My piggy bank is at about $100. Good luck on your trip.

The weather is finally laying down, for tuna give it about another week. There is great inshore action down the Mexican Coast and even now off the Bullring in with the sandbass.

Jason, Reading todays reports on Bloody Decks and also hearing from my brother Ray, who does side work on the Holiday, said Albacore showing up around the 238 spot. Someone said weather predicted to pick up by the weekend. Another person said go in another week, the weather should be better. Who knows. The fish could move out over night and the weather could go either way. Go with your feelings. Good Luck.

It's going to be flat all weekend; the leading edge is made up of kelp paddy YT @ 60-65nm 165 degrees; the bulk of albacore are 10-20 miles south of that which is the 295 and below. The bad news is there were approximately 10 seiners working the area around the 238 today. Get them while you can!

Looks to good not to go.I'm going tomorrow night around 10pm hitting the 295 and south, to the 1010 then hidden bank toward home.
    26' billfisher

Ended up leaving around 10pm 2 scoops at ev then on to the knuckle bank. Long, slow, rough night. Arived at 6:00am ish. 8-9knts all night. Only to have it pick up at sunrise. Headed toward the 270 and picked up a lone bluefin around 9-10 am. Continued through the slop toward the 295,238 and picked a nice albie afternoon. On to hidden bank then home to see birds crashing on some BIG bluefin that wern't having it. Logged over 180 miles burned less than 50 gals . Even talked with Steve blackman at shelter island launch.not much to write home about but we did better than most out today.( still good getting the boat out) no problems other than the benmar AP still not working.( someone on the boat got pissed, ripped it out and float tested it????
    Last edited by Zarco; 07-12-2009 at 08:37 AM.
    26' billfisher

At least you got out and scored something! How big was the Bluefin?

I must have just missed you at the ramp. Talked with Steve also. Those are some expensive fish. Sounds like you are gettin better then 3 miles to the gallon. Kind of wish mine could do that good. If I kept my rpm's down I guess I would do better. When are you going out agin. Hopefully the fishing will pick up in the next few weeks. Water temps sound like they might be coming up. Glad the boat is running on target. I hung around the point. Went with my son in law and 3 friends. 7 hali's. 24", 22" 21 " and the rest like sandabs. 4 sandsharks, 1 blue shark, tossed back and 1 legal bass kept and 2 under size C&R. Hot morning then cooled off with the breeze. Bass caught at the Point and the rest of our fish were caught drifting from Zuniga and down to outside Coronado hotel. I Hope everyone has a good summer of fishing. Silicone on the trailer bunks did the trick. Slid right up on to the trailer just fine. Since I am always on the boat and someone else drives the trailer off & onto the ramp , I have not been able to ck out the condition of the trailer bunks. My son in law told me the bunks are wearing on the inside of each bunk. I need top take off about 1/8 of a inch off so all of the bunk is touching the boat. I think I may be wearing a portion of the bottom of the boat. Need to do some inspection.
    Al

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information