+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody have plans for finding Tuna?

Hi Al,

I know that you want to catch fish on your outings and you are doing the right thing by asking the questions about temp/chlorophyll, etc. Especially asking guys like Mike, Jeff, and Yale. I know that sometimes fuel costs are a factor and we cannot all afford to fish every week but, If the boat is running well, you've got fuel (or a couple buddies willing to help pay)...Just go! I hear too many people saying "I'm not fishing because the counts were down yesterday". Many times the guys who catch fish regularily don't even report their catches. Look at the information available to you, plan your best estimate of where you think the fish are and Go! It's really all about time on the water and, who knows maybe you'll be the guy who finds that huge volume of fish where nobody else is looking.

Every once in a while, even I catch fish.

Just Go!

Good luck,
    Scott
    Tenacious

Thanks Scott, I guess it is like my wife says about Vegas. You do not win if you do not play. There is always next time, etc.. It is hard to find people that I hang with, to go during the week. I guess I need to meet new friends. I Retired to early or they cant afford to retire.

I'm with ya Al. I also have a fairly flexible schedule and prefer to fish on the weekdays. I also have a hard time finding fishing buddies who can take a weekday off on short notice. Consider giving me a shout in those cases and I'd help pay for some fuel and bait.

Take Care,
    Scott
    Tenacious

OK Scott, thanks for the offer. I went out today with a cousing. Was a little hesitant going because he just bought the boat and only had it on a local Lake for a few hours. He used to be a chief engineer in the tuna fleet , in Alaska, for Tidewater, etc. I trust his work. Went to the kidney bank and all around it. Weather , the best, boat,ran great, beautifull fishing conditions. No Fish was the only thing missing. Radio sounded like no one caught much of anything. Left out of Mission Bay and the 22.5 trophy with a 4 cylinder. Crused at about 18 to 20 knots. 2 hours out and we hear a bearing squeeling noise in the engine area. It was a new bilge fan that went out. Everything else was great. Helped set up some waypoints. I will be taking him out next time I go and I hope the fish co-operate.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information