+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First trip of the year

Default First trip of the year

Tried to leave early Saturday morning pulled out of the slip at 2:30 am half way out of the slip I noticed I had no steering at the upper station, ran down to the lower and was able to get her back into the slip. The presure tank was at zero. Around 7am Mike on the Nina let me use his portable comp. It pump up and held so 9am we headed to the 371 area, The wind was up the waves close together made for a buppy ride it was fishable no problems just no fish. We did like everyone tried to get the yellows on the paties to bite with no luck. At 3pm we headed in, As we passed over the nine I noticed a good mark on one of my spots. We rigged up the one rod and reel I had with spiderwire and gave it a try, Big reds every drop was double on 5to 7 lbs reds stayed out until 8 pm filled the cooler, back in the dock at 10pm nice day boat ran great burned 36 gallons very happy for the first trip of the year.

Tank is holding 30lbs dont know what happened I did notice a small oil leak on the bridge helm will have to keep an eye on it.

Russ

Kudos on the rock cod. Can't complain about that sweet meat. It was windy and bumpy on Friday at the 371 as well but, very fishable. I keep a HP bicycle tire pump on board just in case but, haven't had to use it yet.
    Tenacious

How was your stay at the Embassy Suites ?

I passed on the Embassy Suites, I got a great deal at the Hotel Meker
    Only problem was house keeping woke me up at 3am

Thanks again
    I need a bigger boat I think

Russ

Yep you need a 29 with bunk beds

Need a larger bridge so Marc can sleep out side and keep everone else in the marina awake.

Whats going on with your parts?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information