+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Metered fish and afternoon bite for some. Not me.

Default Metered fish and afternoon bite for some. Not me.

Went out last Tuesday, 21st with a relative. Great ocean conditions but no fish. First fishing trip for this boat. Boat ran well, 4 cylinder volvo, 22.5 bayliner trophy. Somewhat underpowered but ran good all day. Water 68 to 72. All around the kidney bank, 371,302,etc. Heard some reports about afternoon bites. My cousins son went out yesterday, saturday 25th,and metered fish West of the kidney bank.. Dropped some bait deep and hooked up two albies. Brought them on board and started trolling for a triple strike. Nothing else to report. I Spent yesterday and today putting some paint on the deck. Not sure if that is going to be a good idea. Looks good so far but it is a one part paint and may not be tough enough. Interlux polyurethane from SD Marine exchange.
    I am going to put some carpet down on the deck since last time I went out on my boat, we got some halibuts on the deck and the slime got onto a aluminum hatch on my lower deck and later on slipped on my butt and got bruised on the elbow. Not a good site. Layed there for a few seconds to see if I was bleeding or any broken bones. So I want to put some carpetdown to protect the deck paint and no slipping. Only bad thing is hooks can get snagged on the carpet. Any ideas on that? After using some silicone on the bunks a few weeks ago, it worked well for my retreval of the boat, I just purchased a Reese extension bar for the truck hitch, about 18 inches. I will put it in the hitch b4 launching. Will report if it makes a differance. I should have put this post in another section.
    Last edited by Al Gagnon; 07-26-2009 at 01:01 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information