+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saturday the 25th

Default Saturday the 25th

We got a late start 8am Headed for the East Butterfly just shy of the spot the water cooled to 68.5 we put in and had our first double in minutes. Nice size on the fish nothing under 20lbs biggest for the day was 29.6 lbs. We continued West out to the West fly. We picked up single stops every hour or so no bait fish all day. At 2:30 a friend on the Joint Venture called me with his number he was hooked up and had been for an hour. We picked up and ran the 26 miles to his numbers 34- 47 The bite was over and the five or six boat moved off and headed in. We decided to stay until dark at 7:30 we hooked up and put 5 more on, the last fish was at 9pm. Back in the slip at 11pm. Blue fin all over the place tried everything for nothing.

Great day the best weather of the year

Russ

You got flat water and fish. I am so envious. Good job! Stay off the water on Friday and Saturday as I’ll be out there and I’m the sloppy water gremlin.
    Yale
    "Riley"
    32' Blackman Sportfisher

There weather for Friday is suppose to be 3' @12 second with 8 knots of wind. I'll be out looking for marlin on a friend's boat so don't screw up the weather for the rest of us. Take one for the team and stay home if you have to.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Mike I’m working really hard at getting as many days on the water as you do. I just do it the hard way. I was also thinking I should get the marlin jigs and a bait rod ready. Also need to get a rod ready for Elvis and some squids in the freezer. My lucks got to change sooner or later.
    Yale
    "Riley"
    32' Blackman Sportfisher

Bro in-law is working a stick boat a couple days a week and the reports aren't good for spotting Elvis. Spotter planes aren't seeing much for the guys.

I spent last Thursday looking through a blurry set of binoculars with nothing to show for my efforts but a headache. Got a new set on the way and I hope they're hear before Friday.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Outside the 178 has been bonus this past week if you're looking for the king; one commersh 3 fish each of the past 2 days.

I'm an opportunistic looker. I generally go look for the most available fishies but try and be ready incase something else is available.
    Yale
    "Riley"
    32' Blackman Sportfisher

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information