+ Reply to Thread

Thread: finnally! plugged the fishold!

Default finnally! plugged the fishold!

limits of yellowfin for 4 guys and a toad dodo. done by 10:30am.
    tues aug 18th.
    26' billfisher

Excellent! Nice job!

General area?
    Tenacious

What was the total count?. How much ice did you take to keep the fish cold? It was worth the long run. My son is bugging me to go. I would like to stay at the Coral overnight. I thought about run down during the day , fishing on the way, spend the night in Ensenada and go out the next day. Depending on how good the fishing is, come home after noon and work up the line, or stay another night and get fuel to come home. I can hold about 300 gallons and should have about a 400 mile range. When are you going out again?

Total count was 22 fish( not including a bunch of skipjack we kept throwing back.) we took 80lbs of bagged ice plus another 50lbs of block ice fish was perfect sashimi grade all bled upon hitting the deck. We burned about 50 gallons of fuel total. 150 miles round trip.best day fishing I ever had.
    26' billfisher

I am jealous about your fuel usage. My best is 1.5 to maybe 2 miles per gallon. That is running two TAMD41's all day, even while drifting. At 3000 rpm I get between 16 to 17.5 knots, flat water maybe 18+. My top speed is about 22 knots at about 3400 rpm to 3600. WOT is 3800 to 4000. I think I could get some good mileage if I locked up one engine and ran the other. I open it up coming into the bay sometimes. The boat acts like a destroyer. Rolls a lot at that speed but is deep in the water. Kind of scary if you do not know the boat. How far down did you go? I thought you guys were going to the 295 & 238. The tuna should start to show at the higher lats., I hope.

Default They're close now!

Today YFT bit well just outside the Islands; jigs, bait, and on mammals. I'll bet they settle in front of MB about 10-15 off the beach for awhile.

JEFF, did you go out or was this information from another fisherman. Any specific spot or is the fish spread out around the local hi spots. Anybody going out this weekend?
    Jason , sounds like your freezer is just about full of fish.

We were about 8 miles north of the 295. When we were first bit. Had 13 fish on board by 8:00am. Trolled down to the 295 and we picked up our last two when we got there. Trolled toward home at 11:00 and picked up the dodo on a marlin lure.continued to the rockpile then at SI by 6:30.
    26' billfisher

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information