+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Great weekend

Default Great weekend

Headed out Saturday Morning at 1am for a two day trip. With our friends on the Malu Lani on a one day trip.
    We hit the 1010 at 6 am not long on site Rob gave us the word he was hooked up 5 miles behind us, they had a great morning something like 28 fish by 10 am we found 2 large albacore one was 27 pounds the other 36. That was it for us we desided to head for the lower end of the hidden bank Malu Lani headed off to the upper banks. We made it to the midde grounds between the 1010 and the hidden bank we hit a wide open yellow fin bite a tripple ended up with 7 bait fish good size fish 20 to 25 lbs. We picked up several more fish as we passed the hidden bank we changed course headed for Ensanada, The Coral was emty, we fuel up 2.25 a gallon. Spent the night
    Headed over to the harbor at 4 am for bait great bait Sardines,macs,and anchovies
    all in seperate bins 20.00 a scoop and you can mix and match. Our GPS stopped working the night before so we headed out blind. Ended up at the lower end of the hidden bank, all the small yellow fin you can ask for. We move up and out looking for Yellow tail or Dorado just below the 425 we had a single stike a huge Dorado this fish jumped 10 times and came off I put a bait out on 15 lbs test and hooked up we landed a 27lbs dorado. Fantastic day. Just as we past North Island my GPS turned on, it healed itself. We changed to Marlin lure and headed up the 9, three miles North of the island we get zipped so we worked the area for one more zip. I turned and headed up the 9 about ten min I look back at the reels one is just about spooled I forgot to set the clicker The fish came off . back in the dock by 8pm great weekend.
    53 gallons of fuel for the day

Sounds like a great trip Russ..... That albie stuff around the 1010 sounds sweet. was there any other boats working that area? love the hotel coral, just 3 hours from home but it feels like your in cabo....thanks for the report zack

Not to many boats on the 1010 maybe 7 or so. I guess the hot lure was the black and purple cedar plug. I didn't have one Rob did. We had the best luck outside and below the hidden bank larger fish all yellowfin.

Russ

Sounds like a great trip Russ. Guess you are eating god now.
    Tenacious

whoops,

I meant to say, " guess you are eating good now". Unless you were receiving communion.
    Tenacious

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information