I was hoping to post a great fish report. Unfortunately, About all I can say is that the weather was perfect as we neared the 302 area. Another boat "Queenfish" was giving us updates on the conditions as he got closer to the 230. Sounds like it was perfect 68.5 degree blue/purple water. We stopped on a paddy the size of a house and just as we threw the first bait, I hear this high pitched whining and it wasn't the drag on my reel. Opened the engine hatch to find a small stream of coolant water spraying on the alternator belt. Damn! Apparently the belt was worn and slapping against the hose. I actually experience this last year and neglected to change the belt as I didn't realize why it happened. I just thought it was loose so, I vowed to always ensure that it was tight before every trip. Well, it was tight at the begining of this trip. Since I didn't have a spare hose onboard, I figured I'd call Vessel Assist and get them moving my way while I attempted to patch the hose. Could not raise vessel assist or CH 16 or 22A. Queenfish also tried with no joy. Atmospherics, intereference, or maybe a hot mike on those channels? Ended up placing a piece of gasket material over the hole and wrapping as much electrical tape over the hole as I could get on it. Cruised back home at 5 knots with no further leaks. Lesson learned, always ensure that you have good belts and that they are tight. Not sure if there is a good hose patching product for these apploications or not? Anybody got a good product for this? Oh, the Queenfish called shortly after they arrived at the 230 to say that they just got a double almost immediately after putting the jigs out.