+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nov 11 Cod

Wow,

Very confusing. A color blind person would do well to not keep any rock fish. My solution to avoid being busted for taking the wrong fish would be to fillet everything (leaving the 1" patch of skin of course). If the DFG folks have a hard time ID'ing whole fish, surely they would not be able to ID the small patch?

All kidding aside, you are probably doing the right thing by attempting to ID all the various rockfish.
    Tenacious

(8) Rockfish: Fillets must have the entire skin attached. Bocaccio fillets must be a minimum of five inches in length. The minimum size and minimum fillet size for rockfish may be changed during the year or in-season by the department under the authority of sub-section 27.20(e). The department will provide a news release notifying the public 10 calendar days in advance of a
    change to the minimum size and minimum fillet size for rockfish made under the authority of sub-section 27.20(e).

Rockfish rules have to be the states cash cow.
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Default fines

I have heard the fine for a single rockfish "over the limit" or on the "No Take List" is over $300.

I am thinking I should spend the money for a complete rockfish ID chart as "proof of intent" not to break the law.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by NoSlack View Post
    Did you guys know if a fish is on the DFG no take list you can't bring it back from Mexican waters, even if you fill out your declaration form. This also goes for short fish that have a size limit in California.

Mike

Not Busted, free to fish another day.
    That's a good point to bring up to save us all a sure ticket; While reading some of this MLPA Stuff on BD they have a pretty good post which is a sticky which explains the change to the law regarding importing fish and actually i think it's a good one; keeping those idiots from bringing back 13" lings from the rockpile! However I'll miss those 15# Cowcod we occasionally find !

Those that haven't read the post on importing fish on Bloody Decks, do it.

This should be the link, if not it's a sticky in the offshore reports.
    http://www.bloodydecks.com/forums/of...o-answers.html

Phil

I recommend the book Petersons Field Guild to Pacific Coast Fished. I update my photos all the time. Check the sticky post in our general topic for the latest info I have.

Last edited by NoSlack; 11-16-2009 at 08:41 PM.

Mike I have a question if we fish only in mex. do we still need a california fishing lic.?

At some point in the very near future fishing in california will be stopped, I bet the law chages very soon that will require CA lic even if you dont fish in CA waters.

Russ

I believe I read you do not need a California license to fish in Mexico and import those fish back into the state. If I was doing that I would definitely fill out a declaration form.

If our fine state completely screws up the fishing, we have our friends to the south that welcome our 50 bucks a year for us to fish there.

Mike

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information