+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "State of the Club Address"

i'm in - where do send you a check?

Default Paying the Piper

I would like to add my .02 cents. How much do you need. come up with a amount for each volunteer. I enjoy not having B.S. response's like I get on Bloodydecks. This site has better fisherman and mature gentlemen. thanks for all of your help.
    Al

Thumbs up

I'am in

The secret recipe for the fish cakes is worth it.
    Just read some of the attitude on other sites when people need help. They really get thrashed.
    I've learned so much from fixing my autopilot I'm now an expert. I've fixed it a thousand times.
    The web site takes the mystery out of some of the problems that turn out to be just little stuff when you read the mistakes some of us make and the solutions. The bad news would be to know we didn't have the support and then have to start again.
    At our first BBQ I remember a member driving from up north somewhere who had taken his 26 to Alaska, several times. He hasn't come to the rest because I think he really lives too far. I'd like to hear what's up with him. We were talking about Rich at the BBQ. He invited me to his place in Fallbrook and let me take an elbow off of a turbo he had, saved me some bucks and enjoyed eating some of the blood oranges from his trees.
    I've heard (BBOCA) guys talking on the radio from my house helping each other on the water.
    Thanks Mike and Charlie I'm in.
    Hijole

I'm in! This is a great site. Look forward to getting to know everyone better.

Tony
    26' Billfisher - Libre

For those that don't hav access to the members section, I'll post this info here aswell.

Let me bring everyone up to speed on where we are on the transition.

I now have admin privileges that allow me to do the day to day maintenance on the message board and picture site if we can get that working again.

Here is the list I'm still working on getting control of, or access to, from Charlie.

Access to the server where the sites are hosted. I need the user name, password and location if we are going to upgrade the software or move the site to a new server in the future.

Domain names like bocaboard.com, bocapix.com and followingsea.com are all owned by Charlie. I'm not interested in taking ownership, just paying the annual fees to keep them active. If I can get Charlie to change the billing address to my house, we could make the payments for him and keep things rolling along.

I'm still hopeful that Charlie will grant me access to everything so we can keep thing going without any bumps in the road. I'd like to give this course of action another month or two to pan out.

As a worst case scenario, we don't gain any more access than we have today. Our move them would be to come up with a new domain name, register it, buy software and start from scratch.

As of now I have no idea what direction we are headed in or how much it will cost to get there. As of now this project hasn't cost me a dime so I'd rather everyone hangs onto their money until we have something to spend it on.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Thanks Mike for all of your hard work to make this site what it is.

Default DUES

MIKE,
    I'm in. thanks for your work.

Mike, to repeat what has already been stated, thanks for all you have done and let me know what you need to insure that we continue to have a way to communicate with each other. Oh and Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New to all.
    Yale
    "Riley"
    32' Blackman Sportfisher

I do not have a Blackman (yet), but this site is probably the most worthy investments IMO for boating/fishing/cooking/maintenance/etc.

Please put me down for whatever the $ amount ends up being per person to keep BOCA running.

Everyone on this site is so cool.

Thanks again!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information