+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rockfishing Nov 29 (I stole a kill rockrish spot.)

Default Rockfishing Nov 29 (I stole a kill rockrish spot.)

We went out today for a little more rockfishing.
    I took my friend Allen out to the Nine to look for Reds. We left late, after talking to Russ at the dock. On our way to the nine there was someone fishing an area I had never tried and I marked it (him).

We fished our usual spots for very little, started home at 3. We tried the new area and found a spot that looked good. We rounded out our cooler with 7 reds in less than 30 minutes, all over 3 lbs. First drop I got a double, one 5 lbs and one 4 lbs. I now have a new area of the ocean to look for Rockfish.

We will have to talk about that new spot Phil. Did the wind come up in the afternoon?

Russ

Cheater!

I've never done that.

Get that man a parot and a eye patch.

New club rule: all poached spot are to be shared on the members only area

Mike

Last edited by NoSlack; 11-30-2009 at 08:39 AM.
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Default Wind

Quote Originally Posted by Tuba View Post
    We will have to talk about that new spot Phil. Did the wind come up in the afternoon?

Russ
    The wind did come up...about half way to the nine.
    We were fishing 2lb and if you got even one sand dab on you could not hold the bottom. I almost broke out the 3 lb weights.

BTW: it was a grey Radon (I think) lobster boat (with a crane) that was fishing this area, so if you know him say thanks for me. LOL
    Last edited by Knot Now; 11-30-2009 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSlack View Post
    Get that man a parot and a eye patch.

New club rule: all poached spot are to be shared on the members only area

Mike

I would be glad to share the spot, but I will need several weeks to confirm that its a GOOD spot and not just a fluke.
    I should be ready to share by Christmas. (Hint) That should give you about 1 week to check it out.

You know what some say...Don't hate the player, hate the game. Nice recon! You might see me following you out again. By the way, how was it getting out of the MB channel Sunday? Did you guys hear about the 29' defiance that capsized on Saturday during the tourney? I was supposed to take my boat back to SD Bay Sunday, but I was still spooked. Decided to wait.

http://www.bloodydecks.com/forums/in...capsizing.html

Tony
    26' Billfisher - Libre

I watched his video clip and read his account of the accident. I like the fact he maned up and took full responsibility and then gave his take on a few lessons learned.

There is a lot more responsibility to being the man behind the wheel than most of us think about.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

I don't know if I could ever shut the pilothouse door again after something like that.

I just read that report, I never liked the auto inflate devices, If you need it deployed do it yourself, the only time you would need an auto inflate is when you are unconscious I'll take that chance. It's never one thing that causes this kind of accident Glad to hear everyone survived.

Jeff if you look in the background of his his first picture I thinks that's you boat?

Russ

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information