+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I am going to slip my boat!!!

My concerns about the type of bottom paint used is some don't like being out of the water for extended periods of time. I'd also like something that is designed to come off if slipping the 23' changes (get a bigger boat).

It would be nice not to mess with towing the trailer all the way down from Escondido all the time. Dealing with Friday traffic on the way home plus still having to unload and wash the boat down at the end of the day. We can use the carpool lane (70mph vs. 55mph and traffic) on the way home too if there isn't a trailer/boat behind us.
    Allan C.

P.E.T.A MEMBER
    Portagee Euthanizing Terrified Albacore

Hamachi Girl
    1981 23' Albacore Special

I kept my boat in the water a few years ago for only 3 months. I found that the dock power at the slip was reversed and it was at Chula Vista Marina. It was the dirtiest spot in the entire bay. Every time I went down to be on the boat, there was a bunch of junk, slime, fuel, sea weed, etc. It was in the winter and they gave me a special 3 month rate. When I pulled the boat out 2.5 months later, the boat had about 50- different things growing from it. Could not remove with anything. I bought some star bright stuff and sprayed it on a area. Turned to get a hose to spray it off. When I got the hose and turned back to the boat, the star bright cleaner had eaten off everything where the star bright had been applied. Found out it was dilute muratic acid. So now when ever I need to clean something that has sea growth, I use diluted muratic acid.

Forgot to mention that if you keep a boat in a slip, bond all your equipment. Sometimes when my boat is at the transient dock, a boat next to me will cause my zics too get eaten up in a few days.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information