+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bottom Paint for new boat

Default Bottom Paint for new boat

One of my brother like my slip so much, he's going to put his 27' Mackinaw
    right next to mine.

It's a newer boat and doesn't have bottom paint. Can you guys recommend me a shop or 2 to call to have it barrier coated with the hard bottom paint applied.

Thank you for the help guys!

If it were me I wouldn't bottom paint it. You loss alot of speed up to 2 knotts and is very expensive. I would buy a good liner and keep it clean. My next boat will not have bottom paint and will be to big to trailer.

The first year I owned my boat we had black man do it 600 bucks plus 175 for the out drive. I have done it once my self since then. Any paint you buy at west marine will be of low quality. Blackman gets there pain from a place where you have to have a commercial licence to buy it. I have a buddy with a commercial licence buy mine for me. Most guys I know take there to Mexico to get the bottom painted. half the price and way better paint. No enviro freaks on that side of the boarder. Joe

Thanks Joe. I will also contact the bottom liner to check them out.
    Sunset Aquatic require a maintenance and removal contract if I we
    go the bottom liner route.

Hey, your inbox is full. I loaded the freezer with fresh frozen while
    hoopnetting on the front side by the old quary. Did not have to fight
    off the dogs like the back side. I got a feeling it's going to be a good
    season for them croakers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Honeygirl View Post
    If it were me I wouldn't bottom paint it. You loss alot of speed up to 2 knotts and is very expensive. I would buy a good liner and keep it clean. My next boat will not have bottom paint and will be to big to trailer.

The first year I owned my boat we had black man do it 600 bucks plus 175 for the out drive. I have done it once my self since then. Any paint you buy at west marine will be of low quality. Blackman gets there pain from a place where you have to have a commercial licence to buy it. I have a buddy with a commercial licence buy mine for me. Most guys I know take there to Mexico to get the bottom painted. half the price and way better paint. No enviro freaks on that side of the boarder. Joe

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information