+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trailer repair

True

Lets blame it on Rob

10,000 GVW trailer for a 26'. Go weight that thing, it will scare the crap out of you when you find out how much over weight you are(the trailer).

My 23' was originally on a 7,000 and I added and extra leaf to the stack every time I changed springs. When I ordered my new trailer I went with a 10,000 because I thought the original was to light. Weighed the whole deal a couple years ago and I'm 8,400 at 3/4 fuel and a normal load of tackle on board. Top off the tank add some ice and fish, I could be pushing 9K on a heavy day.

Weigh the boat and trailer, add up the max load rating of the tires to see if they will support the load then add a leaf to the stack if your weak link is the 4 stacks of 5k springs.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

I had the samething happen on two springs. Mine is a 15000lb triple axle. The mgf. said if you loose the spring keepers the springs will break at some point. they stop working as one spring.

Default Truck scales

I have been getting my fuel at the truck stop off 24th st. in Nat. City, by Dixieline and have gotten to know them. I asked how much to wiegh the boat and they said they would not charge me. make friends with them and they might let you wiegh the boat and trailer for free. I just had brakes installed on my trailer and springs, $4000 at Aros. The brakes were removed a long time ago and everything had to be replaced. They replaced everything and installed a solonoid to shut down the hydralics when I go in reverse. So far it is nice to feel I have more then my truck brakes stopping the load. I am going to remove the wheels and put a good coat of paint on the new springs and brakes. Most of the stuff is SS but the calipers are not. You cant go wrong with extra maintenance. I friend said Aros (John Deer) had the best price for springs. sMy axles are 5000 lb each. I need to wieght the total soon and verify it is at 15000 lbs.

It's only $10 to get weighed at a scale if you need a certificate, otherwise they do it for free. Heck I've taken my loaded trailers (Bobcat & Enclosed ATV) to the dump and used their scales for free too.

Al, instead of painting your springs get an outdoor propane stove and and old cooking pan; heat up some bearing grease until it liquifies and paint your springs with it. When it cools it won't flake off like paint does when the metal bends.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information