+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best/Worst deisel truck for towing?

I had a 2006 4WD F250 Turbo Powerstroke Diesel. I had a Turbo blow twice. Second time it happen they were on back order and I had to drive with a blown turnbo for two weeks. Other than that I really liked the truck. I pulled a 26' toy hauler with it all the time. Hardly noticed it was back there.

Sold it in 2008 and bought a F250 extended Econovan. Other than the gas suck I love that thing! I have the back seat out. I can get all packed up the night before and leave dirt bikes in it or camp equipment, surf gear. Can load up the family and all the stuff (4 kids = lots of stuff) and don't have to worry about it being in the back of the truck if we stop for food, etc. Doesn't tow as well as the diesel truck, but I hardly do any towing these days.
    26' Billfisher - Libre

My 2002 F-250 4X 7.3L Powerstroke does the job just fine. Like others I have had no problems whatsoever. I have heard that the first 2 years of development, the 6.0's had some turbo and drive train issues but, I've also heard that those have been worked on newer models.
    Tenacious

Border Patrol just found my truck 50yds South of the US/Mex. border stuck in the mud up in the mountains near Jacumba! I hope she's still in one piece.

Quote Originally Posted by brian_g View Post
    Border Patrol just found my truck 50yds South of the US/Mex. border stuck in the mud up in the mountains near Jacumba! I hope she's still in one piece.
    Congratulations, just make sure the truck is COMPLETELY CLEAN when you get it back from them(ie hidden compartments and the complete underside of the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by DOGHOUSE26 View Post
    Congratulations, just make sure the truck is COMPLETELY CLEAN when you get it back from them(ie hidden compartments and the complete underside of the truck.
    That's no joke! My buddy is a Lt. Coloner. Squeaky clean guy, never smoked weed in his life. Got his car stolen and then returned to him. Was going on base under high security and one of the dogs was freaking. They tore his car apart and found bags of weed inside his dash.

Tony
    26' Billfisher - Libre

Quote Originally Posted by Libre View Post
    That's no joke! My buddy is a Lt. Coloner. Squeaky clean guy, never smoked weed in his life. Got his car stolen and then returned to him. Was going on base under high security and one of the dogs was freaking. They tore his car apart and found bags of weed inside his dash.

Tony
    I will make a point to look for inconspicuous bags! As of last night the Border Patrol was trying to figure out a way to get to the truck with something that could pull it out. It is in a difficult area with no roads or trails....

The Officer that initially told me about the recovery also mentioned that now the drug guys know where my truck is parked each day, they will more than likely come back for it in the future. Great...

They also said that white 4X4 F250's are the truck of choice for the people running drugs because from a distance they look similar to Border Patrol trucks.

The one positive thing about this is that I'm learning a lot about car theft professionals and drug smugglers.

Tell them to Get us close and we can help you dig it out! Time is wasting!

My F250 had a fuel system sec switch the truck will not start even if you have the keys.

I hope you get your truck back intact

No one uses the dodge with Cummins. I had a 93 for 10 years and I did not have one problem ever. The reason I sold it was I had a newborn at home and it woke him up every time I left at 3:30 to go fishing.

A co worker had a 2006 Powestroke, 6.0. He had so many problems that he went the Lemon law route and Ford bought it back. He changed turbos, injectors, wire harness, a one of the heads multiple times. All under warranty in three years.

Bob

I think the Cummins is probably the best engine of them all, it's just surrounded by a bunch of crap! Great milage but they had tranny trouble and Dodge was about 3 years behind in the 4 door Cab model.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information