+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best/Worst deisel truck for towing?

Default Bunch of Crap?

I wasn't going to jump in on this but with that comment I went red.
    I have a 94 Dodge with 225,000 miles. Hardly a problem worth commenting about. A seal here and there. I did crack the transfer case but that has to do with pushing my trailer back into place.
    The interior is practically new, I am running the original: alternator, turbo, injectors, water pump, injection pump, pulleys, radiator etc, etc. So, where's the crap?
    The Dodge, Ford and Chevy all use the same (with slight variations)manual transmissions, transfer cases and differentials.
    To answer the original question: I would find a low mileage 94-98 manual transmission Dodge (twelve valve). This was before they put all the electronics on them. These trucks will get better mileage than anything from the big three that came after.
    It is the same engine that that the racers are getting over 1000 horsepower out of.
    I have two Ford work trucks. They are falling apart with less than half the miles of my truck. As far as the Chevy is concerned? Well, I wouldn't own one.

Default Best truck for towing

Well, I guess I did not pay any attention to your advice. LOL

My F150 gave up the ghost again.....and it was too little anyway.

Just bought a 2008 F250 Lariat 4x4 long bed (55K miles) with all the bells and whistles....

Time will tell how she holds up.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information