+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Middle Grounds YT

My buddies went 7 for 9 today, NE of Pukey in 150' ; 7X Salas in BW and Scrambled worked better than the 6Xjr models. 19-22# cookie cutters bite was from 830AM to 11AM.

Default update on YT at Islands

Mike, I hope things are doing better for you. Update on Friday at Islands. Weather was great all day on Friday. Lots of boats. A few YT caught but not on my boat. 1 bonita and a bunch of mis. bottom fish. No skunk. Boat ran good but my volt betters for both engines went down to 9 and 10 volts most of the trip. Pushed the dash light on and the voltage would fluctuate. Up and down all day. coming home dropped to about 2 volts. Volt meter on breaker panel showed at 14 volts from batteries. Confused on the problem. My guess is something from alternator not working right. Any suggestions would help out. Later
    Al

If you have 14 volts at the panel meter, at least one of your alternator is charging. I don't know how twins are set up to charge the house battery, but my guess would be, one of your key switches energizes a Cole Hersee solenoid that connect the house battery to the engine battery.

Back to the low voltage readings on the dash. I would look for a negative wire that is common to both engines. Each engine should have it's own wiring harness that brings the positive and negative up to the dash from the engine. It's unlikely that both positive wires have a bad connection.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

My same buddies went back this morning for a repeat however they got zilch; strong SE Wind and a ton of boats!

Thanks Mike. I was kind of thinking along those lines. I will call John and ask him if there are any schematics from Blackman that are available or maybe from Volvo. I have some owners manuals but nothing that shows twin engines. I will start at the dash panels and ck with a voltmeter for any loose wires or voltage drops, etc. By the way it looks as if there is a spell check like in Word, now on this site.
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by DOGHOUSE26 View Post
    My same buddies went back this morning for a repeat however they got zilch; strong SE Wind and a ton of boats!
    Allen and I went for the morning on Saturday for zero also. Back at the dock at 12. The wind was picking up by then....blowing from the south, so the ride in was pretty nice except for a little rain.

Phil
    At least I got out!

Default I had a similar problem w electrical

and it turned out to be the connections on the main power switch in the cabin. It was a combination of the nut that holds the washers and battery cable eyes on the posts and the resulting arcing after they got loose that gradually dropped the performance on the whole electrical system. The voltage on the panel kept getting lower and lower on the voltage gauge. As soon as I cleaned up the connections it was back to 14 volts and strong performance.

Whatever it is, I hope you don't have to pull too much hair out finding it.
    Good luck.

Brian
    Brian on Old Blue, out

Default Hey! I've got an avatar now!

Thanks Mike ? !
    Brian on Old Blue, out

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information